Pep's contract situation

The problem is whoever comes in is going to need a transitional time. I have no issue with Pep being on a rolling year contract I don't believe the players would be affected at all. Lets face it a lot of players probably prefer that as they need a new face at times

Pep has always said he would walk away if he wasn't getting the feeling of commitment from the players. I personally think he will end up staying 2 seasons on a rolling contract.

We have a relatively young squad with a lot of potentially great youngsters to come through. They can be nurtured and integrated over the next season or two primed for a new manager if required

For me transition periods depend upon the quality of the manager and squad. Pep inherited a squad which needed A LOT of work in key areas. Hence he needed a full year and two windows.

The current squad is far better. Were Pep to go next summer I'd bet anything whoever the next manager is would mount a title challenge next season. The muscle memory alone from Pep's coaching would see to that.

For me transition periods depend upon the quality of the manager and squad. Pep inherited a squad which needed A LOT of work in key areas. Hence he needed a full year and two windows.

The current squad is far better. Were Pep to go next summer I'd bet anything whoever the next manager is would mount a title challenge next season. The muscle memory alone from Pep's coaching would see to that.
I have no doubt we would challenge, I was intimating we might not win the league with a new manager first season. I agree that muscle memory is a key ingredient we saw that when MP took over from Mancini.

No offence but you clearly have set your stall out when it comes to Poch - I believe you used the term 'loser'.

I wish you all the best if he does succeed Pep as you'll have a lot of backtracking to do.
I never backtrack , he would have to prove me wrong, if he did then great as it means we would be winning things , till then my view remains that he is a loser, bottler

Didnt you insist on mourinho once ?

Sometimes. Other times he says he has no concerns about being in the last 12 months of his contract because it absolutely won't effect the players because they're "top professionals".

Using the players/owners will, when clearly both want him to stay, as an excuse for not signing a new deal is poor form. I'd rather he said "I've not decided what I want to do" which is probably closer to the truth.
If both want him to stay, why does he have to convince us?

If both want him to stay, why does he have to convince us?

By us you mean the supporters I'm guessing? I suppose it depends upon your view of the the team since the start of last season. For me (I shouldn't really speak for anyone else and apologies for making it seem like that in my previous post), I feel as though some of the issues we've faced can be traced back to decisions which Pep has made. It's up to him to arrest the slide that we've been on. If he does excellent, but if he doesn't and this season ends up falling apart the way last season did, I wouldn't want him staying another year. 2 seasons of stagnation and slide isn't good enough at City.

By us you mean the supporters I'm guessing? I suppose it depends upon your view of the the team since the start of last season. For me (I shouldn't really speak for anyone else and apologies for making it seem like that in my previous post), I feel as though some of the issues we've faced can be traced back to decisions which Pep has made. It's up to him to arrest the slide that we've been on. If he does excellent, but if he doesn't and this season ends up falling apart the way last season did, I wouldn't want him staying another year. 2 seasons of stagnation and slide isn't good enough at City.
I guess we'd have to assume that the owners/players/fans would be in agreement about that by then though. Or not :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.