Pep signs new contract until 2025 (p 1262)

It's a tough one. Before the game, I think most, if not all, would have wanted him to extend. On one hand, it really was just one game. However, the consequence and the managerial performance was so bad that it raises genuine questions. How will the players react to Pep's tactical innovations in the CL in the future? Will Pep be apprehensive to implement them and will the club even ask for Pep to extend? For me, my trust in Pep to win the CL has eroded. He seems to put us at a disadvatage every QF match. Changing your formation in two defeats against Spurs away and now Lyon highlights a real issue. I genuinely don't know what should happen.

Last edited:
We lost the league to a shite Liverpool side by 18 points. Think Pep's aura is beginning to fade for me, he's turning into the new Mourinho.
I've no confidence in him to turn it around next season either.

I still stick by he has another season with us although I'm not sure if he is going to extend though. It won't effect us that much with our long term signings.

Yep I mean on Paper Pellegrini is actually a very good CL manager, got far with Malaga and Villareal, and on average got much harder knockout draws then pep has and the one time he didn't get one of the giants he made it to the semis.
I know Pellegrini is far from perfect but he IS a good CL manager. It's not just "on paper". Villarreal were a penalty miss away from the final while Malaga were some exceptionally dodgy refereeing decisions from a final and City an O.G. away. All clubs that had never got to a final in their history.

bloody hell boys and girls I was apoplectic last night with the ridiculous tactics and all, but some of the things I'm reading on here today are veering towards the shite I used to read about Pellegrini.

The facts are simple. Pep does have some sort of need to prove himself too clever for his own good when in european knockout games but what about the other 90% of the season?

Two record breaking seasons in the league watching things we never thought we would see, 3 consecutive league cups, an fa cup and the satisfaction of watching City utterly destroy English football for two years running. All whilst turning a profit.

And never forget, when the shit hit the fan in february he wasted no time in standing up for the club. Very publicly and very loudly. That was the time when a lesser man would have been shuffling towards the exit door. Pep did the opposite and doubled down in his show of loyalty.

He deserves the same in return off us as a fanbase and off the players. Every one of which he has personally improved. If any players don't like it they can fuck off. I dont care who they are, they work for City which means they work for Pep.

Fuck the champions league, its bent and corrupt. We would never be allowed to win it whatever Pep did or didnt do last night.

This man stood by us when we most needed him to.

Now its our turn to stand by him
I certainly don't want Pep to leave and I agree with most of what you say.
However I think it's a stretch to say he has improved every player.
Someone said he spent 380 million on the defence, but the defence is still poor.
Mendy, Cancello, Stones, Angelino, Zinchenko.
All been very poor this season.
Personally I can't see any improvement in those players.

We cannot afford recruitment to go on like it has been last 3 years. Mendy, Cancelo, Rodri , very expensive players to buy to not have much in return from them.

Put the the price of their transfer fee together and get one player for it who will make the team and PL rivals sit up and say fuck this is dangerous.

Do they say that for Cancelo and Mendy and Rodri? And that is like 150m pounds plus Danilo given away.

Txiki needs to do so much better for recruitment.

I hope Torres and Ake will come good, but cannot see them more than useful subs at the moment. Cant see them walk into the first 11 next year. Torres was cheap so thats not a big gamble. Ake coming from Bournemouth where the defence was non existent for years literally. Hope the skills he has can be used here at City.

We need too make two more signings imo this transfer window, and that two has to come to the first 11 not for the bench. And we cannot make mistakes on those two transfers, we cannot afford making mistake on it.

I hope he stays, he's been brilliant for this club. I realise folk are pissed with the champs league, well one game really, but the guy is top class.

The fact that Liverpool and the rags want him gone just proves how unique he is.

The team just lacks pace in all departments.

Pep stats and we win it all.

Don't get carried away with knee jerk reactions.
He's a great manager for sure.
I just get sick of us buying 40, 50, 60 million pound players that turn out to be duds who don't make the team, we can't keep doing it.

We cannot afford recruitment to go on like it has been last 3 years. Mendy, Cancelo, Rodri , very expensive players to buy to not have much in return from them.

Put the the price of their transfer fee together and get one player for it who will make the team and PL rivals sit up and say fuck this is dangerous.

Do they say that for Cancelo and Mendy and Rodri? And that is like 150m pounds plus Danilo given away.

Txiki needs to do so much better for recruitment.

I hope Torres and Ake will come good, but cannot see them more than useful subs at the moment. Cant see them walk into the first 11 next year. Torres was cheap so thats not a big gamble. Ake coming from Bournemouth where the defence was non existent for years literally. Hope the skills he has can be used here at City.

We need too make two more signings imo this transfer window, and that two has to come to the first 11 not for the bench. And we cannot make mistakes on those two transfers, we cannot afford making mistake on it.
Mendy was bad luck. No one knew he would be injured if over a year basically. He hasn’t recovered after that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.