Pep's contract situation

Well it's very early in the season but it looks like fans and even some of our players are waving the white flag already on the league.
Long way to go but the early season signs are not good here. Hate saying this but there were signs against Lyon and in our early games of some players and Pep walking around like smacked arses. The question has to be asked could he have lost the dressing room?

Players certainly look fed up of getting beaten by pretty much same pattern regularly and nothing being done/changed tactically. The panic we see on them when just one thing goes against us in a game shows this too.

they are being forced to play a certain way that is not able to utilize their strengths anymore but puts the spotlight on their weaknesses big time.

If we cannot press/work really hard off the ball we should forget playing high line defence simple as that.

But indikaila is far from a good source thats for sure.

the symptons on the pitch are of a team without direction. Pep overwhelmed with emotional problems maybe? Pure guesswork on my part, like most of fans body language is all we have to go on
We had the same issues from the start of last season.

Without doubt he looks a very different man from the one who joined us.

His energy levels seem very low and the enthusiasm and sparkle in the eye have long gone.

Well it's very early in the season but it looks like fans and even some of our players are waving the white flag already on the league.
Long way to go but the early season signs are not good here. Hate saying this but there were signs against Lyon and in our early games of some players and Pep walking around like smacked arses. The question has to be asked could he have lost the dressing room?
The players were starting to question him after the Lyon game, that defeat was the game when our players seriously looked pissed off with team selection and tactics.

The players were starting to question him after the Lyon game, that defeat was the game when our players seriously looked pissed off with team selection and tactics.

Yes very concerning - I have worries we could have a season like Chelsea 5 years ago, Mourinho last one for Chelsea where they lost a lot of early season games and he got sacked.

I disagreed with the tactics but its hardly Peps fault that both Sterling and Jesus missed golden chances and Ederson fumbled an easy save. Never mind refs fucking us over by not giving the foul on Laporte.

The players should be looking at themselves rather than just blaming Pep. That is the way of modern football I suppose, easier to get rid of the manager then a squad of players though.....

Yes very concerning - I have worries we could have a season like Chelsea 5 years ago, Mourinho last one for Chelsea where they lost a lot of early season games and he got sacked.

This season has massive implications of what and where we are going to be for at least the next 5 years

I reckon going of results alone we will know what decision Pep will make about half way through the season.

Pep will make that decision once we're into the season and can make a fair judgement on whether the players still respond to him. He's always said that once they stop responding, once they tire of his methods, he'll go.

However, I think if all goes well, he'll be here another couple of seasons after this one. No other club in the world would he get *this* much leeway, and he works with the men who built his managerial career at Barcelona, he couldn't really ask for much more

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.