Pep signs new contract until 2025 (p 1262)

Pep is getting slated, and as I think everyone accepts he makes some poor team selections at times. BUT the real focus here should be on Txix, Khaldoun etc. For a club of our resources to be going into a season with no strikers, a proven clown at left back and a squad that is getting progressively weaker, is remarkable. If we had a striker on there last night we win, period, and to that extent I sympathise with Pep. Our recruitment is consistently poor.
We did have a striker on the bench though, he scored on his debut and hit the crossbar when substituted in the last game. Pep not starting a striker after Sterling's repeated failings at false 9 is his mistake. We can't have 3 top players competing for 1 spot. Delap was the temporary fix and the fault of not playing him was Pep's.

Right, who do i have call a **** to get a thread ban from this thread? it is absolutely boiling my blood, yet the sheer disbelief keeps pulling me back in.
Call me a c*nt by all means. Every Blue is entitled to his/her opinion, and by law of averages we're not all going to follow Pep, Txiki and co. blindly without holding them to account. Try to chill, it's a forum, we all love the same club. CTID.

Pep is getting slated, and as I think everyone accepts he makes some poor team selections at times. BUT the real focus here should be on Txix, Khaldoun etc. For a club of our resources to be going into a season with no strikers, a proven clown at left back and a squad that is getting progressively weaker, is remarkable. If we had a striker on there last night we win, period, and to that extent I sympathise with Pep. Our recruitment is consistently poor.
Well said, Tixki has made a mess of this squad, major mistakes, left us very unbalanced and with the weakest squad we have had in quite some time, despite spending 100s of millions.

Sometimes he just makes me think he is trying his best to get sacked. Everyone can see the momentum building for the equaliser (also last week) and you would expect a manager to make the change. Yet again he waited for the shit to hit the fan before making the required adjustments.

It's not just pep but also the aguero situation which needs clarity.Just hope we are not doing something stupid, like waiting for messi and hence giving time for pep and aguero to make up their mind

We did have a striker on the bench though, he scored on his debut and hit the crossbar when substituted in the last game. Pep not starting a striker after Sterling's repeated failings at false 9 is his mistake. We can't have 3 top players competing for 1 spot. Delap was the temporary fix and the fault of not playing him was Pep's.
I don’t disagree with that, and as I said some of his team selections are baffling. But the point about recruitment remains, when we won it under Roberto we had Tevez, Aguero, Ballotelli and Dzeko to pick from, which is what a top club competing on four fronts needs, not two plus a 17 year old.

I don’t disagree with that, and as I said some of his team selections are baffling. But the point about recruitment remains, when we won it under Roberto we had Tevez, Aguero, Ballotelli and Dzeko to pick from, which is what a top club competing on four fronts needs, not two plus a 17 year old.

We played games with two strikers back then. We dont now. You dont have 4 top forwards battling for one place in a team. Two is enough but it helps having someone like say Sanchez who is more than capable of playing wide and not looking out of place as a striker. Probably the main reason Pep wanted him.

3 wins 1 loss 1 draw. Covid has f*cked everything up especially the transfer market and club income. No fans. Players injured due to no pre season games. Everton won’t be top in May either. I think we all need to chill a bit.

Lets not underestimate what pep has achieved and his influence, after his first season every talking head and loser like gary gary neville said you can't play this way and win the league.Pep proved them wrong we won and dominated the english league for 2 whole years while playing a technical trio of silva, de bruyne and fernandinho.
Even klopp took and used of pep's methods like focus on build up play and has used to adapt his own game.
Without the success of this city team and vindication of pep's methods, I don't think the liverpool board would have sanctioned that kind of money for a GK and a CB.van dijk would probably gone to barca and allison to juve or real

3 wins 1 loss 1 draw. Covid has f*cked everything up especially the transfer market and club income. No fans. Players injured due to no pre season games. Everton won’t be top in May either. I think we all need to chill a bit.

I still think the season wont finish anyway due to covid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.