Pep signs new contract until 2025 (p 1262)

I still think the season wont finish anyway due to covid.

You may well be right. And it could be interrupted sooner than people expect. Heck any one of us is not that far off from 'a sabbatical' within weeks at any point depending on how things go.

People taking it on themselves to say pep should be taking a sabbatical, because he once took one, need to think about the global reality. Hardly compares to his previous one if a chunk of it would be spent without contact with friends, cultural expeditions or in pubs restaurants or travels.

Tangent for one of the other threads perhaps.

Watch his BBC post match interview, I think this is his last season, he talks a few times about being here 5 years. He is not getting the same reaction from the players now. I think we are already looking for another manager.

Watch his BBC post match interview, I think this is his last season, he talks a few times about being here 5 years. He is not getting the same reaction from the players now. I think we are already looking for another manager.
You could be right, either way it needs sorting. This isn’t helping the current situation in the pitch.

Injuries aside, it does feel a lot like Pellegrini’s last season where the players were going through the motions to some extent. I wouldn’t be surprised if they have an inkling that the manager’s off at the end of the season.

If that’s the case, buckle up because it’ll be a close thing for top 4; remember us praying for the rags to drop points at West Ham towards the end of that season?

Many of us need to revise expectations. Could be worse, could be in the third divi.

Certainly ought to be planning for it, and I’m sure we are. The timing will be the key. Imho, if we get, or look like getting, top 4 and nothing else, he’ll stay out the full season.
If it looks like that is at risk, and we’re languishing in 7th or 8th, then that’s when things could get interesting.
Any news on why Poch hasn’t taken a new job yet btw? Has he given any public utterances in his plans?

Injuries aside, it does feel a lot like Pellegrini’s last season where the players were going through the motions to some extent. I wouldn’t be surprised if they have an inkling that the manager’s off at the end of the season.

If that’s the case, buckle up because it’ll be a close thing for top 4; remember us praying for the rags to drop points at West Ham towards the end of that season?

Many of us need to revise expectations. Could be worse, could be in the third divi.
Far too early to revise expectations, it’s going to be a long hard season for everyone.Think 90 points will win it. At the start I’d have been happy with 7 points now 4 from Wolves and Leeds away is okay.
Losing the aLeicester games the way we did was bad, though at the peak of our player shortage, and pre Dias. Hopefully after the break we’ll have the full squad , hopefully with a left back. Lets wait and see how other squads hold up as we go through what will be a slog of a season before revising expectations.
Add, not seen anything from united or chelsea to worry me, Leicester and Everton have made decent starts but doubt their depth.

It's true but I don't think they're not giving their best because he's leaving. I think he's leaving because he can't get the best out of them.

Previous players of Pep's often speak about his intensity - after a few years that kind of obsession becomes pretty oppressive.

I see no issue with his reaction, or any of the players. People are describing what they want to see and regurgitating clichés.

We drew a game, that we could have won. Or lost! Margins at both ends. and var inconsistency. What on earth is the right reaction to that which would please people here?

I see no issue with his reaction, or any of the players. People are describing what they want to see and regurgitating clichés.

We drew a game, that we could have won. Or lost! Margins at both ends. and var inconsistency. What on earth is the right reaction to that which would please people here?
Think some people want him to grow his hair long and wear a city scarf..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.