Pep signs new contract until 2025 (p 1262)

Can’t read the full article, but does it say he is going to sign this, and so, if true, does it guarantee he will be with us for at least 1 more season at least after this one?

Had to laugh at the Telegraph's spin on Pep staying by claiming Guardiola won his only two CL successes while at Barcelona. How many CL titles do these cretins actually think is an acceptable number?

The manager/board relationship is not like anywhere else and this renewal reflects it. Now win a CL before Messi turns up coz you’ll get no credit if you do after. Nothing more typical City than winning it the season we weren’t in it!

Just looked at the last page but let’s say a 1 year rolling is what’s agreed

The reality is that every manager is on a 1 year rolling whether they have a 1 year or 7 year contract. If they get a better offer they will leave and if results turn to shit they will be jettisoned. The only material difference is the size of the compensation package

Forgive me if I misunderstand this but this season is relatively new so he is effectively committed to this season and the next? So two years? If this rolling contract is renewed November-ish every year we, the board and the players know we have him for two years. Good enough for me, there is no pressure on either party. If he doesn’t renew again 12 months from now we know where we stand and plan for the next appointment and he can focus on ending his reign on a high. None of this reneging on a contract to go elsewhere, or trashing out of a compensation deal in the case of a sacking that we see at other clubs (and used to happen here). As far as I am concerned the board and the manager are class.

Why? A rolling contract means inevitable questions from the press on his future, it means the players don’t know whether the manager will remain from year to year, it means players signings may think twice.

I love pep but I can’t see this bringing anything but instability.

Having say a 5 year contract doesn't negate any of the above.

A manager on a 5 year contract can get off or be sacked at any time.

Cant see how you think a rolling contract "brings instability".

If true this is fantastic news I’d be so happy and blues everywhere should be delighted. Our premier league rivals will be scared of him staying. Get in

Having say a 5 year contract doesn't negate any of the above.

A manager on a 5 year contract can get off or be sacked at any time.

Cant see how you think a rolling contract "brings instability".
Absolutely right.
Obviously he should sign a 6 year one like Moyes did, as that’s given them a huge amount of stability.......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.