Pep signs new contract until 2025 (p 1262)

But we wouldn't have been sacking him. We'd just be letting him go at the end of his contract. And whether it's Pep or a League 2 manager, if they're not getting the best out of the squad on a regular basis then they know what the risk is.

I know .... it’s all about opinion and fan involvement but the powers that be are making the decisions and forgive me for my blind loyalty but I’m sticking with the guy that’s given me some of my best memories as a long long suffering blue . It’s hard to read some of this shit .... yeah it’s not been going so great but I was always one to back the manager unless he was a total clueless moron getting us relegated .... pep is not that guy (to me anyway ) heck I still love Mancini and joe mercer etc

If and when he does go ill be forever grateful for seeing the stuff I have including from the previous managers who have also given great games to remember and trophies .

I just think it’s not good to stab the poor **** in the back when he’s down

30. And if we want to win the league we probably need to win 24/25 of them.
Not happening, is it?

I don’t think we are winning the league again this year whether pep stays or goes

We will win stuff again though I believe it because that’s what the owners want too

Can’t win big every year like the old days when Utd and Liverpool did it , they had all the money then

Pep is a strategic coach.

He took Aguero to London so Aguero can watch the game from close while confusing the opposition into thinking he might play Aguero but we all knew when he declared the starting eleven Aguero was there only observation to prepare him for the big game.

We have almost a Cup Final next week against Burnley. Pep knows losing to other relegation candidates is not really something we can afford.

An early-season 6-pointer against Burnley? We could finish next weekend in all manner of deep shit if they park the bus with a novel 9 - 1 or 10 - 0 formation but I'm sure Pep will anticipate this and set us up accordingly. He will, won't he? Can anyone get a message to him to try something different next weekend?

The last three have decades of dominance with few challengerd due to their financial prowess. Chelsea were overhauled by the pisscan and then us.

Go on then, give us recent examples of successful teams with long serving managers. Because I can't think of any.

People might want a long term manager but we don't need one. There's no reason to think otherwise.

Edit: and Chelsea are the second most successful English club of the last decade after us.

We have played some wonderful football under Pep, but staying till 2023 isn't enough. Managers are either sacked retire, or move for a much better job. This is not the vibe I'm feeling. With Peps mum dying I could understand him jacking it in he hasn't. But a 2 year extension when we are shambles I think we could do with staying 5 more years not 3 at the very least. Whoever comes after him we mus abandon this expensive and flawed idea that we can change the manager without a problem.
Pellers was on a hiding to nothing a true gent.Hughes should have flirted on day one and Bobby should have been backed and not undermined by the wage thief's at our club.
There is a reported break clause in 2022

I know .... it’s all about opinion and fan involvement but the powers that be are making the decisions and forgive me for my blind loyalty but I’m sticking with the guy that’s given me some of my best memories as a long long suffering blue . It’s hard to read some of this shit .... yeah it’s not been going so great but I was always one to back the manager unless he was a total clueless moron getting us relegated .... pep is not that guy (to me anyway ) heck I still love Mancini and joe mercer etc

If and when he does go ill be forever grateful for seeing the stuff I have including from the previous managers who have also given great games to remember and trophies .

I just think it’s not good to stab the poor **** in the back when he’s down

Yeah things are not going perfectly well at the minute, and Pep has to take some responsibility for that, but if any manager in our history has the reputation, historical success and done enough during his time at City, the opportunity to put things right its this man.

8/9 games wont change the fact we have one of the top, if not the top, coach in the world. If I had to back one man to turn it around
it’s this man.

Shows how fickle some people can be, knocking the bloke after lauding him so much over the last couple of years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.