Pep signs new contract until 2025 (p 1262)

What he did at Aberdeen was exceptional in winning trophies from the Glasgow clubs. Ferguson spent big at United but he also successfully integrated academy players into the first team and turned them into world class players. Something Guardiola hasn't done And until he does he will be dubbed as a 'chequebook manager' by many.

You are ignoring the timelines.
It was 5 years before Ferguson bought through the family man, the first of the truly class players (if terrible human being) that he brought through from the youth team.
This is Peps 5th season and he has already brought through Foden.

You are ignoring the timelines.
It was 5 years before Ferguson bought through the family man, the first of the truly class players (if terrible human being) that he brought through from the youth team.
This is Peps 5th season and he has already brought through Foden.
I know it was 5 years. I don't expect Guardiola to successfully bring as many academy through to become established first teamers as Fergie but a few more than Foden would be good, local lads even better.

Sadly we could've done with Sancho playing for us. I hope I don't have to say that about Foden. I also think Doyle will bring more to that DM position than Rodri. Palmer seems like a very intelligent player. Delap is apparently the 'real deal' and Braaf is supposed to be the next Sane.

The profit we've made from previous academy prospects was because they were not up to our standards. I think after the Bournemouth game Pep said he finally has academy prospects:

Pep Guardiola said: "When we arrived [in 2016], we had Jadon Sancho, Phil Foden - there were good players, But right now, we have a good generation. Taylor, Tommy Doyle, Cole, Felix Nmecha, Braaf, Delap - there are six, seven interesting players – James McAtee, too!"

Which means he is planning to play them.
Just lip service, he will demand nee players and will get

I can see that unfolding as you say, unfortunately.
Look no further than this forum. Our kids are never ready to play and we should Buy a striker we should buywinger we should buy a CM. We all know a new striker plus Jesus means end of road for Delap. A new wide player means end of road for Braaf and a new CM/DM means end of road for Doyle while I don't see any way for Palmer too. Call me negative flapper etc but this is what will happen. I would loved to be proved wrong.

Look no further than this forum. Our kids are never ready to play and we should Buy a striker we should buywinger we should buy a CM. We all know a new striker plus Jesus means end of road for Delap. A new wide player means end of road for Braaf and a new CM/DM means end of road for Doyle while I don't see any way for Palmer too. Call me negative flapper etc but this is what will happen. I would loved to be proved wrong.
negative flapper

Like Foden, if they’re good enough then they’ll make it.

The idea that we shouldn’t buy a striker just because we’ve got a half decent but very young striker in the academy is just bizarro talk to be honest.

I mean, if we went out and bought Haaland are you saying that you’d be disappointed in the club?

We all know that do we? Can't say I remember you getting voted in to be the voice of all.

I'd say more realist than negative flapper, you're just saying it as it is. I know it isn't easy for Pep to please everyone and get results but we're at a stage now where we should experiment a little more.

I remember when the rags had every senior striker out and theyg gave Rashford his debut in in UEFA League, not many had heard of him at the time. He scored two goals against the club that sounds like midgetland(I can't spell it) and he went from strength to strength from then on.

We simply cannot keep buying other clubs up and coming players yet continue to ignore our own youngsters. If this trend continues then parents of youngsters will be reluctant to let their lads come to our academy.

I'd say more realist than negative flapper, you're just saying it as it is. I know it isn't easy for Pep to please everyone and get results but we're at a stage now where we should experiment a little more.

I remember when the rags had every senior striker out and they threw gave Rashford his debut in in UEFA League. He scored two goals against the club that sounds like midgetland(I can't spell it) and he went from strength to strength from then on.

We simply cannot keep buying other clubs up and coming players get continue to ignore our own youngsters. If this trend continues then parents of youngsters will be reluctant to let their lads come to our academy in future.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.