Pep's contract situation

We should have done really well last time and wont have a better chance to win it than we did right up until he selected his team and decided the tactics to play Lyon.
To be fair to Pep, his tactics weren’t to give the ball away any time we got into their last third, miss open fucking nets, give the ball away on the half way line and then play someone onside in the same move leading to a goal, and for the goalkeeper to spill one.

I didn’t agree with Pep’s formation that night, and in general I don’t agree with some of his line-ups or continual picking of players who don’t play well (Sterling Mahrez Rodri)... but even when I have agreed with his formation, some of these buggers in our squad have let him down a number of times in the last 15 months and beyond.

Some of our players need to have a long hard look at themselves in the mirror.

Its now time pep has to change players. Normally clubs brings new coach for new ideas but for city renewing pep contract means the ideas remain same. Since players are saturated with peps ideas the players need to move on.
In ferguson era he changed team 3 times similarly arsene wenger changed team twice. Now after 5/6 years at man city pep needs to do the same.
There was a rumor except 6/7 players all other players can be sold. This season good run in the champions league and top four finish will be good for me. Its not abnormal we take one step back to move 2/3 steps forward.
I said the same after the Arsenal and Lyon defeats. It’s time our midfield and attack had a complete shake-up!

Ferguson used to do it. He knew that if he was to remain at the helm, he had to keep the rotation of transfers coming out and in constantly, otherwise the same players would get stale. Even if these players were high quality performers or fan favourites, it didn’t matter to him. There were a few core players he simply could never get rid of, but I look at our midfield and attack and see very few that applies to with us.

In the Summer of 2009, Real Madrid sold:
Cannavaro
Robben
Sneijder
Huntelaar
Negredo
van Nistelrooy
Garcia
Codina
Heinze
Salgado
Saviola
Parejo
Torres

and bought:
CRonaldo
Benzema
Kaka
Xabi Alonso
Albiol
Garay
Arbeloa
Granero
Adan

I’m not saying ours has to be to that extent. But it could be five out and four in (plus giving Palmer more of a role) and it would do wonders to this football club!

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, I so hope you're on the wind up. Are you saying that any youth player that comes through has nothing to do with Pep?

What about Garcia? He's worth £20 million now regardless of Barcelona and whether he fits our team or not. What about all of the players that have made their first team debuts under Pep, on greater numbers and with more minutes than any other PL team?

I presume you think the rags class of whatever had nothing to do with Fergie?

Sorry, but that was complete nonsense.
Look no further than today’s team selection (not the result!) for further evidence.

Burnley at home, who we beat 5-0 for the fourth season running. Foden shown the bench yet again and not a single academy product in the starting line-up.

Err not a glowing recommendation really, he won next to f**k all after 2005, 3 FA cups in 13 years, never won the League Cup.
Thats beacause he had to pay for stadium money. Plus he would have somehow won the league had we not popped up from nowhere. His idea after 2005 was to win the league by making a young team growing them and winning with them. But city and co started buying their players and financially they were not able to compete with us.

We have quite a few issues at the moment.

Great players have moved on or retired and the people we were hoping to step up aren't delivering. Bernardo hasn't kicked on like we thought he would. Is Pep not getting the best out of him or has he burned himself out?

Mahrez feels like a luxury. Looks great when the whole team is performing but he will never be talismanic for us.

I like Jesus but he isn't a like for like successor for Aguero.

Rodri isn't as good as Gundogan at dictating play/retaining possession but nor does he have the dynamism of peak Fernandinho. So what is he is he really bringing to the table?

We bought a LB who, perhaps after a terrible run of injuries, looks like he will never be reliable for us. And he isn't bringing much going forward to compensate. We keep shoehorning other players in his position. Some of whom cost tens of millions of pounds and arents even LBs.

We finally seem to have some solid options at CB at the moment but all in all, this group of players will never reach the heights of the back to back title winning side. And to be honest, how can you really expect a team to maintain that level beyond a couple of seasons. We were unbelievable.

We have a rebuilding job in front of us now and I don't really see how keeping Pep for one more year after this fits in with that. Next year is year zero for me. The start of a rebuild which might take 2-3 years. Things look stale to me, but if the club and Pep think he can build another great side then they should commit to that. He needs to be talking as though he's here for another three or so years to build another great team and the club will need to invest.

If he's just sticking around another year though then maybe we should just part ways at the end of this year and let a successor get on with having a bash at building the next great side. Have a horrible feeling we might end up stalling and delaying the rebuild by focusing on the sideshow of bringing Messi in next season to work with Pep. That really won't address any of the issues we currently have.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.