Pep signs new contract until 2025 (p 1262)

The style has changed. We are now happy to concede possession and let the oppo pass it around in front of us. If we defend well, attempts to penetrate will fall on stony ground. This makes sense in a season where we have to play twice week, every week and we are bound to have some players isolating. Full on pressing uses a lot of energy.
The interesting thing will be whether we revert to a more pressing style when the viral emergency is over and a decent timetable returns.
I agree with that but I’m not sure that’s actually intentional. As you say; let’s see as we move forward.

I want to publicly apologise to Pep and certain members of the forum with whom i have argued that Pep's time was up.

I am so pleased to say I WAS WRONG.

The transformation of the team in recent weeks has been brilliant and this is clearly all Pep's doing.

He hasn’t adapted his style. He’s just got better centre backs. He tried to change the system to the 4231 earlier this season but it didn’t get us enough goals and he seems to have abandoned it.
Better at the back but actually still worse up front.

Our attackers have been poor all season and they still were last night (bar Foden).

If we were firing up front we’d notice even less of a change.

I want to publicly apologise to Pep and certain members of the forum with whom i have argued that Pep's time was up.

I am so pleased to say I WAS WRONG.

The transformation of the team in recent weeks has been brilliant and this is clearly all Pep's doing.
Fair play for apologising but that was a fucking idiotic opinion to be honest.

Better at the back but actually still worse up front.

Our attackers have been poor all season and they still were last night (bar Foden).

If we were firing up front we’d notice even less of a change.
Yea, I agree. That's why i think us having less posession is not a decision, it's because we aren't properly firing up front yet and smothering teams. I feel De Bruyne, Sterling, Mahrez, Foden and Bernado have all not been on top form - for genuine reasons - but they are all improving this last few games. I think the addition of a striker and a left back in the summer will make us the best team in the world.

Our pre-season was the first 3 months of the real season - Now we are back at our very best and I can't see any other teams that will challenge us. With that said, we have played against teams that have challenged us a lot recently, let us see how it goes against the upcoming bus-parkers.

Yeah things are not going perfectly well at the minute, and Pep has to take some responsibility for that, but if any manager in our history has the reputation, historical success and done enough during his time at City, the opportunity to put things right its this man.

8/9 games wont change the fact we have one of the top, if not the top, coach in the world. If I had to back one man to turn it around
it’s this man.

Shows how fickle some people can be, knocking the bloke after lauding him so much over the last couple of years.

Exactly what happened

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.