Pep style for our youth team

neel

The main reason why barca are able to integrate their academy players to first team is because all youth teams play the same way as senior team.Has anyone seen our young lads play..Have they also changed the style from how they played last year and adapted to pep style... Are we training GK of under 18 teams to play as sweeper keeper... Are young full backs trained on play in center mod field like our senior team does... Does pep have say on how our academy players are trained and how our under 18 teams play to make sure after couple of years our academy graduates have seamless transition to first team.

I saw our under21s against Bohs last summer here in Dublin and they were set up with that inverted full back system, with Ash Smith-Brown and Maffeo playing those roles, don't know if it has been a regular thing with them but we were definitely set up identical to how Pep has set us up so far.

Angus Gunn is excellent with the ball at his feet, Daniel Grimshaw extremely confident also (Too much at times) and they have been playing the ball out from the back for a long time now. Quite right the full backs have been coming inside with the centre backs splitting so that the likes of Kean Bryan , Alex Garcia drop in and start the play.

You should have heard some fans moaning that we play too much at the back but it's all been part of the team/player development

Cheers guys...so it does look we are following barca s footprint then

My friend recently organised a game against the under 12s development team (not even academy side) for our lads local Saturday team.
They thrashed us but the style of play matched our first team.....they knocked it back to goalie lots who rarely went long!!!!!
Must say though.....city had a South American looking under 10 striker in the under 12s development team and he was amazing for his size and stature.....spoke little english.
Anybody any ideas who this could be?? Somebody's son?? Richards wrights son in goal for them.

My friend recently organised a game against the under 12s development team (not even academy side) for our lads local Saturday team.
They thrashed us but the style of play matched our first team.....they knocked it back to goalie lots who rarely went long!!!!!
Must say though.....city had a South American looking under 10 striker in the under 12s development team and he was amazing for his size and stature.....spoke little english.
Anybody any ideas who this could be?? Somebody's son?? Richards wrights son in goal for them.
Fuck me he`s already had more games for City than his old fella.

Probably another academy kids younger brother. Iker Pozo (now in our u18s) joined us at 12 when his brother came over.

You can see a little of the U10's from last season here:

although good luck with the names given their ages.

Our number 8 (Alfie something) looks an absolute cracker who even at that age is organising his team mates.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.