Pep's Buys - Worst and Best?

So you think Walker has been as bad as Stones?

Putting 5 for Gundogan is just childish as well, he cost almost nothing, and we won a league title because he played 14 games in a row in a new position and bossed it to the point we never once missed Fernandinho. That alone gives him a 7 minimum.
I do think Walker is on par with Stones overall, hence the same rating.

And saying an overall opinion about a player (via rating) is childish is quite ironic.

Edit: FWIW, I think you have and continue to overestimate Gundogan’s specific contribution during that period, which means we’ll never agree about this, so I am not sure there is much point in debating it.

I do think Walker is on par with Stones overall, hence the same rating.

And saying an overall opinion about a player (via rating) is childish is quite ironic.

You actually think John Stones has been as good a purchase as Kyle Walker?

Is that a joke I'm missing?

He has not had one good full season for us. That is nowhere near good enough for a player who cost £47m and is on big bucks to boot. Much much more was expected. He was expected to be backbone of the defence.
Definitely agree with this post.
Yes he was really good innthe 17/18 season, But he still doesn't fill any fan full of confidence, For a £50m centre back I expected much more from him, I dont really think he's cone on leaps and bounds from his Everton days. He's such a soft centre half, He really needs to grow a set of bollocks.

Behave, we have spent a lot of money on some average players.
Saying the above doesn't mean im not a City fan, we can question things, we're not a cult like Liverpool ffs

Nothing to do with being a cult you daft twat. It's just called appreciation and not being a fucking mard when we have a blip......

Stones is doing OK at the moment. He has periods where his game dips. He lacks the authority of a Kompany but perhaps he will earn it in time.

Rodri and Cancelo are way below what was expected at the moment. Cancelo for example was terrible against Shakhtar. I don't think it helps these new players though when other established players like Silva, and KDB are struggling with their game.

Nothing to do with being a cult you daft twat. It's just called appreciation and not being a fucking mard when we have a blip......
It's not about having a blip, of course i appreciate whats happened to our great club but i can also see where we've got some things wrong and you know what, yes, even the top people at the club have got it wrong with some transfers, it happens, to think otherwise is utter madness.

Pep+Txiki’s signings together:

İlkay Gündoğan £20m meh
Nolito £13.8m crap
Oleksandr Zinchenko £1.7m okay for the money
Leroy Sané £37m good and will make a profit shame his heart isn’t in it
Marlos Moreno £4.75m crap
John Stones £47.5m could be brilliant but isn’t want to give him a slap
Claudio Bravo £15.4m crap
Gabriel Jesus £27m stagnant

Bernardo Silva £43m good
Ederson £34.9m good
Kyle Walker £45m good
Danilo £26.5m average
Benjamin Mendy £49.3m oh deary me
Aymeric Laporte £57m good

Riyad Mahrez £60m why?
Philippe Sandler Wouldn’t know who he was if I found him in bed with the Mrs

Angeliño £5.35m crap
Rodri £62.8m to early to say the next Neil Webb?
Zack Steffen £7m see sandler wife’s threesome
João Cancelo £60m too early to say

Txiki bang average

Pep genius but can he or does he want to build again

We have invested a bucket load of cash on our defence...and the state of it currently after losing laporte to injury and Vinny leaving is an absolute disgrace

It cannot cope with any pressure whatsoever

Basically a bloody shambles

We have invested a bucket load of cash on our defence...and the state of it currently after losing laporte to injury and Vinny leaving is an absolute disgrace

It cannot cope with any pressure whatsoever

Basically a bloody shambles
To put it into perspective. Laporte is our only top class CB we have purchased since 2008. We can't spot top class CB even if our lives depended on it. We are obsessed with these soft as shit CBs who look classy on the ball, but cant defend at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.