Pep's Buys - Worst and Best?

Bravo was really bad but you can see the sense in it as he’s good with his feet and that’s essential for the way we play.

Mendy was a no brainer, brilliant player when we bought him. Unfortunately injuries have completely ruined him and he no longer looks like a professional able to play at the top level.

Gundogan just hasn’t worked. Whether injuries or just not good enough, he’s just not up to it on a consistent basis.

The one who stands out as the worst for me is Mahrez. He’s just not learning. I don’t think I’ve seen a player in our modern era who consistently makes such bad decisions.

For an attacking winger’s main contribution every week being to cut inside and pass it back to our centre half, it’s just not good enough.

He consistently fails to play simple attacking passes to players making runs and instead cuts in and goes for glory himself. Either he’s the most selfish player ever, or he’s just not a very intelligent footballer.

But his decision making isn’t even his worst attribute. His lack of effort and team work is.

I don't think he was. Newcastle barely attacked. Fernandinho was at fault for their equaliser. That's obvious.

Marv, go and watch the 1st equaliser for newcastle.

Stones gets turned easily and then he decides to give up chasing. It was pathetic and if that is his idea of defending then can bloody do one

Mendy & Bravo, still not sure on Mahrez, and don't yet see the point of re-signing Angelino, but does he actually make the signings, get the impression its more like a committee

Its probably a difficult one to answer but how much ‘could’ we spend next summer not counting money from outgoings?

It looks like we will need to throw a lot at it plus we are going to have to have a higher success rate with incomings than we have had with the last two summers signings.

Tough call

Nolito was a really bad buy but was “only” 14m

Mendy and Mahrez were terrible buys but cost way more money. Complete waste of money the pair of them.

Its probably a difficult one to answer but how much ‘could’ we spend next summer not counting money from outgoings?

It looks like we will need to throw a lot at it plus we are going to have to have a higher success rate with incomings than we have had with the last two summers signings.
If we don’t have ready made replacements coming through the ranks we need to invest in at least one world class centre back, at least one left back and a striker. BIG money !!

Too many good signings to mention. Bravo on ability, he’s shite but Mendy appears to be running him close but maybe that was unforeseen given he is a victim of circumstances given the injuries - then again, was he any good before the injuries? Really!

Top 3
Ederson, Laporte and Sane
As far as I'm concerned they're the best 3 players in their position in world football, I know people will question Sane in that list but there's no other out and out left footed left winger who comes close in my opinion. I just hope Laporte and Sane can get back to 100% because Mendy's done at the elite level after his injuries, he's lost the pace, power and stamina that made him such an attacking threat.

Bottom 3
Mahrez, Gundogan and Bravo
All very good players on their day but sometimes it seems the effort just isn't there.

Bravo was really bad but you can see the sense in it as he’s good with his feet and that’s essential for the way we play.

Mendy was a no brainer, brilliant player when we bought him. Unfortunately injuries have completely ruined him and he no longer looks like a professional able to play at the top level.

Gundogan just hasn’t worked. Whether injuries or just not good enough, he’s just not up to it on a consistent basis.

The one who stands out as the worst for me is Mahrez. He’s just not learning. I don’t think I’ve seen a player in our modern era who consistently makes such bad decisions.

For an attacking winger’s main contribution every week being to cut inside and pass it back to our centre half, it’s just not good enough.

He consistently fails to play simple attacking passes to players making runs and instead cuts in and goes for glory himself. Either he’s the most selfish player ever, or he’s just not a very intelligent footballer.

But his decision making isn’t even his worst attribute. His lack of effort and team work is.
Where do we get that Mendy was brilliant when we bought him from? He was part of a defence that conceded 5 goals at the Etihad

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.