Pep's contract situation | Expected to leave at the end of next season according to Jack Gaughan (p1332)

The reality is I am closer to leaving than staying."

Could be taken in many ways.

I certainty did not take it as I am off soon, I said earlier, this team could get even stronger in the coming seasons, I thought we often looked off the pace this year, incredible thing to say but for me a fact.

Several top players off it, a yew of the oldies looking leggy.

A strong summer in the transfer market and I think Pep will come out all guns blazing and I am certain he would want another Champions League trophy in that new museum.

It's a combination of Pep not quite articulating what he means and the press looking for a story.

For me, he was saying that now is the time to celebrate and not look ahead. He's not going to do another 6 or 7 seasons, so he's closer to leaving in that context. And in terms of motivation, when he had won the treble he didn't have any, but found a reason to keep going. He'll find another reason, whether that be 5 in a row, completing a decade, coaching new players or finding a new system. It's a long season, he'll go play golf and then see how he feels.

I personally think next season will be his last. He might stay to do ten years, but if someone is available that both he and the club feel is worth bringing in for our continues success (and I'm certain Pep will be a big part of that) then he might call it a day after next season.

I could see him leaving if it was to enable Alonso to come in. He's the only candidate at the moment that I would be "happy" with - in the context of being absolutely fucking devastated Pep was leaving.

At this point for everyone it’s guesswork but his good mate Lu Martin has been saying for 12 months now that 2025 would be his last season, including once again this morning in the times.

The thing is that at the end of next season, there's the Club World Cup which will run for a month starting mid June 2025. I'm sure he would luv to win that.

Because of that, i think he'll extend until at least 2026.

At this point for everyone it’s guesswork but his good mate Lu Martin has been saying for 12 months now that 2025 would be his last season, including once again this morning in the times.
You hope

It's a combination of Pep not quite articulating what he means and the press looking for a story.

For me, he was saying that now is the time to celebrate and not look ahead. He's not going to do another 6 or 7 seasons, so he's closer to leaving in that context. And in terms of motivation, when he had won the treble he didn't have any, but found a reason to keep going. He'll find another reason, whether that be 5 in a row, completing a decade, coaching new players or finding a new system. It's a long season, he'll go play golf and then see how he feels.

I personally think next season will be his last. He might stay to do ten years, but if someone is available that both he and the club feel is worth bringing in for our continues success (and I'm certain Pep will be a big part of that) then he might call it a day after next season.

I could see him leaving if it was to enable Alonso to come in. He's the only candidate at the moment that I would be "happy" with - in the context of being absolutely fucking devastated Pep was leaving.
This is my take,Alonso is a class act along with the guy from Girona.

City will want someone who can stay long enough to create their own legacy,and whom young players will recognise,identity with and respect as a winner.

If City rate him they won’t want to miss out,they’ve probably already spoken to his advisers.

All depends on how we start next season imo. Not really in terms of results, more in terms of how the players respond to winning four titles in a row. If he can sense they're committed he'll probably do 10 years and call it in 2026. If he senses the atmosphere and hunger has dropped he'll probably call time on it all next spring.

At which point we'll know how Xabi Alonso copes as a Champions League manager - if Leverkusen are on for another Bundesliga title and in the last 16 of the Champions League we'll probably take a punt on him. If not we might be looking at Gasperini or Enrique or Simone Inzaghi. Just for 2-3 years. Then we'll plan again.

All depends on how we start next season imo. Not really in terms of results, more in terms of how the players respond to winning four titles in a row.

If he can sense they're committed he'll probably do 10 years. If he senses the atmosphere and hunger has dropped he'll probably call time on it all next spring.
I agree, he'll read the players and if they give him everything he'll be tempted to stay. He loves these players and wont want to leave them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.