Pep signs new contract until 2025 (p 1262)

Don’t think that’s the most encouraging!

A year of speculation going into the last year of his contract doesn’t do anyone any favours.
Interesting how different people interpret things differently, I read it as encouraging. I've read it as he'll be signing it once the season ends! (If it hasn't been already)

Those comments are a worry. He also said he’s already achieved what he came to England to do. He is already on record that he wants to manage a national team next and that he wants time off before he does that. Leaving next summer would line up perfectly with that.

It is strange though after the Haaland signing as you would think the first question he’d be asking city is how long is Pep staying. Plus all the recent speculation about a new deal til 2025. Very odd.

Interesting how different people interpret things differently, I read it as encouraging. I've read it as he'll be signing it once the season ends! (If it hasn't been already)
No that’s definitely not what he said. It’s on video. He said that he will not sign a new deal until after NEXT season, if he decides to do that.

No that’s definitely not what he said. It’s on video. He said that he will not sign a new deal until after NEXT season, if he decides to do that.
I think the break for the World Cup next year in December is a very obvious time to sign a contract extension assuming we are still performing how he wants us to. All he has said is he wants to be sure the players still react well to him

Wouldn’t read much into it. He said he would sign for 10 years if him and the players were still responding to each other. Peps little way of keeping them on their toes I imagine. Even if he had a lingering doubt about leaving the board and players will make sure he at least stays as long as Klopp I think. There’s no greater challenge out there for him now while Klopp is at Liverpool.

@93.20blue said a pep extension was imminent though?
There is no way Pep is going to leave his 2 pals in the lurch with this hanging over the club all next season when they’ve a job to do too. They’re not going to sit down at the end of next season crossing their fingers he’ll stay. I imagine it’s all verbally agreed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.