Pep's rebuilding job. Pep's City Mk II

The Cancelo signing is a perplexing one still?

It might well be we need to start shopping a little closer to home again, rather than being told that every foreign player we are monitoring is the best thing since sliced bread.

I would like the first change being for Vinny to be made assistant manager to Pep when Arteta leaves.

We are lacking leaders and he can do his learning with us, we will get plenty back in terms of his personality and drive, along with his knowledge of our squad, Pep and the Premier League.

Let him bring Bellamy with him.

Can see things coming to a head in the summer... Pep given a large pot to overhaul the squad and signs on for another 3 years or departs this summer or next and we do a piecemeal job until Pep departs. I suspect Pep will stay and oversee a bit of a squad overhaul.. but what do I know.

I don't think Pep will hang around much after this Season. At the moment we look like the Titanic after it hit the iceberg. The unsinkable Man City.!!
Issue is do we carry on playing tikka takki style or do we re-build along the model of more physicality,and strength and god forbid height..If ever a team needed a striker with some height at the moment its us. Again yesterday we had the lions share of possession and created little before getting sucker punched, Is Pep's style a thing of the past.???Is Pep like Mourinho before him yesterdays man? Fail to evolve and you become extinct..

Haha - me too!

Seriously, it could well be that even Pep doesn't need a yes man now.

Vinny taking pressers would certainly help Pep out.

Bellamy has had his issues, but he seemingly has a soft spot for us and think he could help some of our forwards.
Bellamy was a man and player I hated with a passion before he came to us.
But after joining us, I have nothing but respect for the guy. Passionate and a very, very good player.
The way he stood up to John Terry was class.
Sometimes as a club, we are far too nice and in my opinion we could do with some passion and fire behind the scenes, especially in our PR dept'.

I don't think Pep will hang around much after this Season. At the moment we look like the Titanic after it hit the iceberg. The unsinkable Man City.!!
Issue is do we carry on playing tikka takki style or do we re-build along the model of more physicality,and strength and god forbid height..If ever a team needed a striker with some height at the moment its us. Again yesterday we had the lions share of possession and created little before getting sucker punched, Is Pep's style a thing of the past.???Is Pep like Mourinho before him yesterdays man? Fail to evolve and you become extinct..

I understand your take on it regarding Pep. He is the best manager but as you say football evolves very quickly and moves on.

Pep has to adapt to the the teams/managers who will believe they have his style of play nullified and show that he is still the best

Last edited:
Pep has always been the very definition of a Cheque Book manager.This is not a put down just the truth.Give him hundreds of millionsand Pep will win you Titles like he has us.

We have had 2 memorable seasons,that we will never,ever forget,has been a great ride.

Sadly Father time has caught up with the architects of our success Vinny,David Silva,Fernandinho,Aguero.Players Pep inherited,who have been with us years.

Now we need to rebuild.

Judging by game time the Academy Kids have had in the first team.Pep dont rate Fodden,Garcia, that much,We have already lost Sancho.

What are we going to do ? throw hundreds of millions at Pep to indulge him in the last Year or two of his contract.This might guarantee some short term success.But we will likely lose even more of our promising Kids to rivals.

Or is Pep going to fundamentally change the way he manages and start bringing through young players like Fodden,Garcia and spending shrewdly given FFP constraints.

Personally i think Fodden should already be a regular starter,and Garcia is a much better option than the whole first team defense.

Going to be interesting for sure.

The Cancelo signing is a perplexing one still?

It might well be we need to start shopping a little closer to home again, rather than being told that every foreign player we are monitoring is the best thing since sliced bread.

I would like the first change being for Vinny to be made assistant manager to Pep when Arteta leaves.

We are lacking leaders and he can do his learning with us, we will get plenty back in terms of his personality and drive, along with his knowledge of our squad, Pep and the Premier League.

Let him bring Bellamy with him.

Cancelo is a very good attacking RB, dont judge him when hes only had 2 league starts at the position.

The signing made a ton of sense as well, as Danilo wanted out and Juventus had to raise money.

We traded a RB who wanted out for a better, younger RB for something like 20m cash.

Give him 6 months to learn the language and system, and a settled backline to slot into and he will be well worth it.

I think he would...for us only

Yep. He's had a shit time of it.

I don't think Vinny would hestitate for a second to come back if the offer was to be assistant manager to Pep.

The players would be absolutely buzzing.

In his mind, he would be the next City manager in waiting.

He has tried to implement Pep's style at Anderlecht, with very limited success.

What better than to refine his learning with players who are alresdy schooled in it?

Vinny coming back to replace Arteta would be the best signing we have made in a long time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.