Pep's rebuilding job. Pep's City Mk II

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Marvin, 8 Dec 2019.

1. cjn

cjn

Oh, I'd definitely like to see us experiment a little more as well. We have changed the system, just look at the fullbacks, but its a little odd to me that we haven't tried anything else given how the changes have turned out, and how we've experimented more in the past.

2. blueparrot

blueparrot

Yet they didn't now they have. Or have we just forgotten and stopped what we did for 2 years. One or the other.
    Edit in fact it was still happening up to the Watford game because It was highlighted on motd if I remember .

3. Marvin

Marvin

Some want radical solutions but the most likely solution is the one that is closest to the teams from 17/18/19. It's been damaged this season by injury and the effect of age but the injured players are returning. ZInchenko is back, and Laporte and Sane may follow next month.

Either move Fernandinho back to DM, or play Rodri there and bring Foden in for Silva. If you have Fern in midfield then it's only one change from last season. I can't see why that wouldn't be effective. The major problem now is that the defence leaks goals. It didn't when Laporte was playing so I think his return is crucial.

I'd be playing Garcia and Harwoord Bellis at every available opportunity in the Cups to give them as much experience as possible, and to assess whether long term they can provide the defensive cover we need.

SS2dan and Thomas Hearns like this.
  4. Dax777

Dax777

Everyone over 30. Moved on.

Get 2 wingers if Sane is gone. 1 if he stays.

Both wingers should be speed guys. Not technique guys.

1 Centerback to replace Otamendi.

1 Striker to replace Aguero. Preferably tall, technical and fast.

I'll look into the specific players later.

Players moving on to other roles.

Mahrez and Bernado to CM to join Captain Debryune and Foden.

HG goalie.

Squad:
    Eddie
    New Keeper (Home Grown)
    Walker
    Cancelo
    Zinchencko
    New LB
    Laporte
    Stones
    Garcia
    New CB
    Rodri
    Debryune
    Bernado
    Mahrez
    Foden
    Raheem
    Same ( or new speedy Winger)
    3rd Winger
    Gabriel Jesus
    New Striker

"Those who delay the future only lengthen the period of pain."
    Dax.

5. Ederson's smiley tattoo

Ederson's smiley tattoo

Team supported:
    Man city
    Everyone should watch the Salzburg-Liverpool game in about an hour and take a proper look at Haaland and Dominik Szoboszlai. Two very young players with worldclass potential. If they play great against Liverpool they would probably transfer great into the PL

Dax777 likes this.
  6. OntarioBlue

OntarioBlue

If it’s a speedy winger you want we need that Usain Bolt impersonator who plays for Wolves. He is rapid but sometimes shows the technical skill of a cabbage.

7. Saddleworth2

Saddleworth2

Thats pretty light in DM. We don't know wether Rodri will be the answer yet. He lacked physicality on Saturday and Rashford outmuscled him a couple of times. Think we need another midfielder to contest that position. Stones is done. I would sell at earliest opportunity. I reckon we need 6 elite signings, 7 if Sane goes for us to contest at the top again.

8. Pablo1

Pablo1

“Those who agree with Dax, need to go out and get some fresh air”
    Pablo

9. ctid1894

ctid1894

We very rarely do it this season as Sterling, Mahrez and Bernardo all prefer to cut back inside on their stronger foot. Very very occasionally one of them will try going down the outside and crossing but the result is usually shit (e.g. Mahrez to Angelino).

10. TINY

TINY

Anyone remember the Bayern 0-4 Madrid game a few years back, Bayern were humiliated. Pep decided to play the test and style that everyone wanted him to play, instead of his kwn