Pep's rebuilding job. Pep's City Mk II

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Marvin, 8 Dec 2019.

1. Dax777

Dax777

A bit more consistency needed. But I've long been a fan of that kid to the dismay of anym here. :)

Always tot he'd make a fabulous RB

2. blueparrot

blueparrot

Last season we played mainly with Sterling on the right Bernardo left, same as most games this season..

3. Dax777

Dax777

I knew this would bring you out. Had you in mind when I wrote the last part. Lol

4. alexmcity

alexmcity

Team supported:
    City
    We have scored most goals in the league and created much more chances than any other team. Obviously, we are creative enough. It's finishing which lets us down, not running out of ideas how to create chances.

5. ctid1894

ctid1894

Premier League apps
    Leroy 18/19 season - 21(10)
    Leroy 17/18 season - 27(5)

No we didn't.

wattle and Psychedelic Casual like this.
  6. Psychedelic Casual

Psychedelic Casual

And I think Leroy had the best goals+assists per minute ratio of the three players in both seasons.

ctid1894 likes this.
  7. TINY

TINY

I love things being compared to a cabbage. It’s rather brilliant

8. ctid1894

ctid1894

We still score goals because we are pushing more players forward this season, overcompensating for our lack of creativity. We've become reliant on individual brilliance again, not the system/team scoring repetitive goals, that's why there's such inconsistency.

Dax777 likes this.
  9. alexmcity

alexmcity

Team supported:
    City
    We don't lack creativity. If we finish the chances we create, there would be no need to take more risks in the first place.

Stats show that we create more chances than Liverpool and Leicester while conceding about as much as them. Hence, we don't create more chances at the expense of conceding more chances. Problem is not creativity but what happens in both boxes: finishing and defending. Pep has said it numerous times and it's bloody obvious. But it doesn't suit observations about inverted wingers and lack of creativity.

Last edited: 10 Dec 2019
  10. ctid1894

ctid1894

Ok pal.

Pep has also said Bravo is one of the best goalkeepers in the world, I guess that's bloody obvious and doesn't suit observations that he might as well have his hands sown on back to front like Carlos Tevez's head.

sir baconface likes this.