Pep's rebuilding job. Pep's City Mk II

I would prefer to say he can be an amazing player but isn't there yet.

Young player of the year in the centurions season. Double digits for goals and assists in both of the last 2 seasons despite not playing starting as much last season. Also our most exciting player when in full flow. He can be even better because he’s got unbelievable ability so can be frustrating. If he doesn’t improve at all though he’s still an amazing player but most probably he’ll go on to be even better. Who do you think is the better left sided player him or Sterling? Personally don’t think Sterling is an amazing player on the left but most would say he’s world class now.

There are no players currently in world football as good as Sane on the wing that we can realistically buy (Mane - Liverpool, Hazard - Madrid etc). We need to do all we can to keep him at City, including making him the highest paid player if we have to. He's an amazing player.
Well if he wants to go to Bayern, we should do absolutely nothing to keep him. Let him go. Make Bayern think we want him, but that’s it. I’d rather have Oyarzabal (for example) giving absolutely everything to City than Sané moping around day-dreaming about Munich. He undoubtedly has great potential, but he won’t realise it at City if his mind’s not here. We must move on.

I agree entirely but he's not gone anywhere. A central defence needs 4 players.

Garcia and Harwood-Bellis will be older and more experienced next season. Stones needs to get fit and need a good 2nd half of the season.

Whatever, Pep will review City at the end of the season and if we have to buy then so be it, but we'll be in fantastic position to do so if that is required. We have Pep, Txiki and the largest revenue in English football so it'll get sorted one way or another.
Really hope we blood the young players second of season and hopefully if Laporte comes back ok then go for it in the champs league

It's not a rebuild. It's being way overstated. We are having a poor season, by our own incredibly high standards, but that doesn't mean we need to start again.

The first thing for me is keeping players fit. Stones a good example. We look suspect to teams breaking on us and for as good as Rodri is, he isn't Fernandinho and that has been a big problem for us this season.

Pep clearly doesn't trust his centre backs outside of Laporte and that is an issue. If he doesn't trust them then replace them. We haven't done that which has meant Dinho is now a centre half and that has killed us this season.

There are no players currently in world football as good as Sane on the wing that we can realistically buy (Mane - Liverpool, Hazard - Madrid etc). We need to do all we can to keep him at City, including making him the highest paid player if we have to. He's an amazing player.

Making him the highest paid player would be a very bad move imho. In fact sheer madness. I’m sure he has been made a very good offer going to Bayern will be down to want not economics. If he wants to go home then fair play I just hope we get decent money. His value to the team has sky rocketed just by him being injured while we have been poor.

People are forgetting the many frustrations with his performances. You gonna put him on more money than those busting a gut? Not a great message fella

I think if we want him to stay and rebuild us, we need to show him, as a fanbase, that we want him - all these media talk could easily unsettle him, but if we show him love from the stands, it might make him even more determined to stay and fight

Felipe Andersen from West Ham, in my humble opinion, could be as good - if not as quick - as Sane.

Rodri is a wonderful player, amazing for a player coming into a new league, country and unsettled team.
Watching the Arsenal game, I've noticed he has the ability to play passes - and mean good passes - with both feet in tight situations. A very rare skill-set the club are lucky to have; especially after he's played a full season.

The doubters are pissing me off. We won two back to back titles in unprecedented style. That squad changes a little in time but we should trust Pep to to what is required. I don't think there is much to be done. City knew Fernandinho and Silva were growing old and the players who were brought in to replace them are developing. They will either be ready next season or Pep will bring players in who are.

The critics are fools. There are no guarantees in football but the critics comments are empty.
I'd also desperate. The last throes of the establishment as the landscape changes in spite of them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.