Pep's rebuilding job. Pep's City Mk II

I've seen enough off Jesus to believe he is a really top player. City weren't at the races against Utd. Our main tactic was getting the ball wide to Angelino and KDB and get them to fore crosses in. That really was meat and drink for a packed man Utd defence. I don't rate Shaw and Bissaka but they are decent at stopping crosses.

but thats the point...Kun doesnt rely on service and the very best dont eithre (Henry being another) - thats why Jesus wil never ever be that level

Sorry mate ive backed him since he arrived, been waiting for him to develop and its not happening. He will be gone in the summer.
He lfited three trophies last season.

I agree that you could build a side around Kompany or Laporte but at the moment you can't around Stones but give him time. He works excellently with Laporte. See last season.

At least make a Semi Final? There’s far more to do than win the group.

What’s minimum expectation this season? 2nd and a cup?
Qualify for the CL and win a Cup. I don't think we can finish 2nd. This side has big weaknesses in it.

The first thing that needs to happen is to get Pep to stay longer term. We not only need this if he’s going to be in charge of signings next Summer because the signings will have to come with a long term plan, but also to give everyone a lift right now.

The second thing is going to be a decent sized investment in the team.

It feels like this 8-10 year era of building our team around Kompany Fernandinho Yaya Silva and Agüero has come to its end now and it’s time to build our team for the next era. We’ve had hits and misses with some of what was built around them but mostly hits and 13 trophies to boot.

The new era is to be built around Ederson Laporte Bernardo Sterling and Sané if he stays (we need Sané to stay!)

de Bruyne is 28 and we’ll only have a couple more years of him in his prime, he’s the link between the two eras really.

at least make a Semi Final? There’s far more to do than win the group.

What’s minimum expectation this season? 2nd and a cup?

Eh? We can only win the group at this moment in time. One step at a time!!!

Here's an interim measure that I know wont happen but could work:

Play Zinchenko in midfield. Try it in the Cup games.

We have two ready made replacements for Dave Silva in Bernardo and Phil Foden

I don't understand why Mahrez gets such a hard time when IMO he should be one of the first names on the team sheet
Yes he blows a bit hot and cold (as Sane does) but he's never had a sustained run in the team

The left back position needs addressing at the end of the season. I don't think we can write Mendy off until then. If he's not performing by then he has to go
I just don't get why you think Foden will go from a squad player who gets a few mins here and there to replacing a world class player that was David Silva.

If Foden was anything he would be getting plenty of game time this season.

After CB, midfield is the area we are desperate for reinforcements. We need legs , power and passion in the middle of the park.

The first thing that needs to happen is to get Pep to stay longer term. We not only need this if he’s going to be in charge of signings next Summer because the signings will have to come with a long term plan, but also to give everyone a lift right now.

The second thing is going to be a decent sized investment in the team.

It feels like this 8-10 year era of building our team around Kompany Fernandinho Yaya Silva and Agüero has come to its end now and it’s time to build our team for the next era. We’ve had hits and misses with some of what was built around them but mostly hits and 13 trophies to boot.

The new era is to be built around Ederson Laporte Bernardo Sterling and Sané if he stays (we need Sané to stay!)

de Bruyne is 28 and we’ll only have a couple more years of him in his prime, he’s the link between the two eras really.

while i completely agree with you, Sane aint staying...he wold have signed and he is winding his contract down to the point we have no option to sell - he is actully already working for Bayern in this sense by lowering his own value and that stinks in my opinion

Qualify for the CL and win a Cup. I don't think we can finish 2nd. This side has big weaknesses in it.

I think we will finish 2nd - be it a distant 2nd. Leicester’s squad isn’t that big and I’m not sure their purple patch will continue. I can see us winning a domestic cup if the draws work for us but we’ll need Dipper levels of fortune to win the Champions League.

I just don't get why you think Foden will go from a squad player who gets a few mins here and there to replacing a world class player that was David Silva.

If Foden was anything he would be getting plenty of game time this season.
I think we will finish 2nd - be it a distant 2nd. Leicester’s squad isn’t that big and I’m not sure their purple patch will continue. I can see us winning a domestic cup if the draws work for us but we’ll need Dipper levels of fortune to win the Champions League.
If we finish 2nd with this situation it will be an incredible achievement.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.