Pep's rebuilding job. Pep's City Mk II

Stone's injuries have been muscular, most of them brought on by a lack of professionalism by the player.

Likes a good drink does Johnny.
You mean you saw him the worse for wear at a party. Big deal. Players need to let off steam.

I don't know why you are criticising City players and coach with so little evidence. It's almost as if you want to think bad of them.

I wouldn’t swap him for some of my favourite Blues and he’s a different type of player from all those three anyway. That doesn’t stop him being a top drawer player.

And being left out by Pep is not always a good indication. He does have his favourites.
That's my point, in my opinion he is not top drawer, and don't forget he was a player we were linked with when he was in Germany.

Don't like the guy and I think he is over rated.

You mean you saw him the worse for wear at a party. Big deal. Players need to let off steam.

I don't know why you are criticising City players and coach with so little evidence. It's almost as if you want to think bad of them.
There is plenty of evidence about Johnny, just look at the state of him and how he has changed appearance wise. His head is not in a good place, and his career is going with it.

I do think badly of John Stones, he is destroying a wonderful natural talent and a great opportunity at the club I support.

In all the doom and gloom it’s perhaps worth noting that since the Agueroooo moment, every Premier League Winner (apart from City) has failed to qualify for the Champions League the following season.

So that’s United (7th) Chelsea (10th) Leicester (11th) and Chelsea (5th)

We're all feeling a bit down, but let's have some perspective.

Stones is on a very slippy slope in my eyes.

Someone posted the other day that they heard Pep berating stones about a passage of play, for Stones to brush it off and shout back "well the ball is down there now"..according to this post Pep was enraged going back to the bench

Lets also look at how stones got turned against Newcastle and then decided to give up chasing the ball that allowed Newcastle to get their 1st equaliser - that, when i witnessed it was the straw that broke the camels back in my mind. because regardless of poor form you do not give up when out on the pitch

And if we are to believe the stat from the derby, stones left the pitch without making a tackle or interception !!

I honestly thought we had a very good young English CB that would go on to become a great player for us. As someone else posted though,he looks good in a 5-0 win, his customary run from the defensive line into midfield is committed and then he will pass the ball to nearest player. Put him in the team when we are under pressure and the story totally changes

He look a broken man. An article has just been published on the MEN about the tactics that Pep uses and the demands it puts on players - it basically alludes to the fact that some players, the ones that have the highest ability can bear this pressure on their shoulders week in week out. Then the players who are not of the calibre that Pep needs for it to work, do not cope and it will result in mistakes

Stones is on a very slippy slope in my eyes.

Someone posted the other day that they heard Pep berating stones about a passage of play, for Stones to brush it off and shout back "well the ball is down there now"..according to this post Pep was enraged going back to the bench

Lets also look at how stones got turned against Newcastle and then decided to give up chasing the ball that allowed Newcastle to get their 1st equaliser - that, when i witnessed it was the straw that broke the camels back in my mind. because regardless of poor form you do not give up when out on the pitch

And if we are to believe the stat from the derby, stones left the pitch without making a tackle or interception !!

I honestly thought we had a very good young English CB that would go on to become a great player for us. As someone else posted though,he looks good in a 5-0 win, his customary run from the defensive line into midfield is committed and then he will pass the ball to nearest player. Put him in the team when we are under pressure and the story totally changes

He look a broken man. An article has just been published on the MEN about the tactics that Pep uses and the demands it puts on players - it basically alludes to the fact that some players, the ones that have the highest ability can bear this pressure on their shoulders week in week out. Then the players who are not of the calibre that Pep needs for it to work, do not cope and it will result in mistakes
The most telling thing about John Stones and Pep was a Champions League Press conference last season, Pep told the assembled press that good old Johnny had bigger balls than all the people in the room put together, what did Johnny do as a favour, lost his head, form and fitness and made the comments of his manager sound like the ramblings of a mad man.

So, we weren't predictable just several months ago when we won 15 games in a row, but suddenly we have become predictable and Guardiola of all managers can't see it but fans can? Our problems have little to do with tactics and a lot to do with injuries, tiredness after two incredible seasons, aging legends and officials.

Let us though forget all this and woman about inverted wingers.

People forget we created enough chances at Anfield against a much better team than the rags. Poor finishing, the absence of our best defender (and Ederson!) and officials stopped us, not inverted wingers and predictability. We have created far more chances than any other team in the league this season. Using inverted wingers is not a problem at all.
Several months ago we had Leroy, playing with inverted wingers was the alternative option, not the one and only option.

No one has said forget everything else, I'm not disputing other factors have played a part but tactically if you can't see a stark contrast in the way we attack currently then there's absolutely no point in continuing the discussion. How frequently have you seen us previously under Pep trying to float crosses in from 20-30 yards from the dead ball line? This season it happens every attack because we run out of ideas. How frequently have you seen us break away, run in behind a fullback, low cross and tap one in at the back post? This season it hardly ever happens, the previous two seasons it was our trademark goal.

How frequently have you seen us break away, run in behind a fullback, low cross and tap one in at the back post? This season it hardly ever happens, the previous two seasons it was our trademark goal.
Don't you think other coaches might have spotted that and setup to prevent it ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.