Perfect end of season!

MAG

Us winning everything + fans being back ... hope for full houses by the start of next season ...

All that is well and good but this isn’t about the Quad or us being back ...

What are your ideal finishing positions in the league table and why? Top 7? Three to be relegated? Not your predictions or where you think they’ll finish but where you’d like them to finish? And why?

Top four go to CL, next three to EL ...

I’d much like if Leicester, West Ham and Everton got to the top four alongside us or even Spurs can make it but United, Liverpool and Chelsea finish between 5th to 7th ... those finishing in CL other than us won’t have enough resources to actually compete there next season while the EL spots won’t get enough ££ to spend big in the summer to refresh/re-strengthen and also be tied to Thu-Sun schedule next season ...

Liverpool right now is in danger of skipping Europe all together, which financially won’t be good for them but still them having a clear week to focus on the league only next season isn’t good for us either, so them doing a bit better between now and till the end of season to finish in EL won’t be such a bad thing. Similarly United and Chelsea to drop off a bit to fall down into those places would be ideal from our perspective next season.

As for relegation, I guess no saving Sheffield Utd and West Brom now ... but Fulham can still make it and I won’t mind if Newcastle took their place.

1. City
2. Leicester
3. Everton
4. West Ham
5. Chelsea
6. United
7. Liverpool

18. Newcastle
19. SheffUtd
20. West Brom

Oh and Arsenal can win Europa League this season (by beating Spurs in the final) ... so Arsenal in CL and Spurs in EL via that route for next season.

Pettiness is part of football but let's not take it too far.

We have a great team and watching it win is enough for me. Plus if all our rivals are shit, then our success isn't that valuable.

When we won the domestic treble both European finals were all English. And that made our domestric treble more valuable. We achieved it when English club football was the very best in Europe.

Last edited:
I fully agree with the OP in terms of nearly everything. Maybe not Arsenal winning Europa though. Undecided on that one.

But there is also the new option on the table for next season of the "Europa Conference". The team that would normally get the third spot in the Europa League (League Cup winners or lowest placed PL qualifier) will now move into the ultimate farmers league with trips to even more far flung destinations. Come on Liverpool - a chance to add a new trophy to your list!!!!!!! :-)

Us winning everything + fans being back ... hope for full houses by the start of next season ...

All that is well and good but this isn’t about the Quad or us being back ...

What are your ideal finishing positions in the league table and why? Top 7? Three to be relegated? Not your predictions or where you think they’ll finish but where you’d like them to finish? And why?

Top four go to CL, next three to EL ...

I’d much like if Leicester, West Ham and Everton got to the top four alongside us or even Spurs can make it but United, Liverpool and Chelsea finish between 5th to 7th ... those finishing in CL other than us won’t have enough resources to actually compete there next season while the EL spots won’t get enough ££ to spend big in the summer to refresh/re-strengthen and also be tied to Thu-Sun schedule next season ...

Liverpool right now is in danger of skipping Europe all together, which financially won’t be good for them but still them having a clear week to focus on the league only next season isn’t good for us either, so them doing a bit better between now and till the end of season to finish in EL won’t be such a bad thing. Similarly United and Chelsea to drop off a bit to fall down into those places would be ideal from our perspective next season.

As for relegation, I guess no saving Sheffield Utd and West Brom now ... but Fulham can still make it and I won’t mind if Newcastle took their place.

1. City
2. Leicester
3. Everton
4. West Ham
5. Chelsea
6. United
7. Liverpool

18. Newcastle
19. SheffUtd
20. West Brom

Oh and Arsenal can win Europa League this season (by beating Spurs in the final) ... so Arsenal in CL and Spurs in EL via that route for next season.

chelsea i dont care much. but scousers and rags both in europa league or Europa conference would be just lovely.

But there is also the new option on the table for next season of the "Europa Conference". The team that would normally get the third spot in the Europa League (League Cup winners or lowest placed PL qualifier) will now move into the ultimate farmers league with trips to even more far flung destinations. Come on Liverpool - a chance to add a new trophy to your list!!!!!!! :-)
It would mean more if they did

Would be lovely if West Ham made the top 4. They'd struggle to balance that with the league, but it would be excellent. The same for Everton. Leicester have had some good times in recent seasons but if they could join too it would be excellent. Doubtful that it will be anything other than United, Chelsea and maybe one scraping in unless Spurs can avoid bottling it.

Europa otherwise would be good. I think back to the days we got in through Fair Play league. Europe was amazing! West Ham would love it even if it was the Europa and not the CL.

In terms of relegation, I don't mind many of the clubs down there. If I could choose three to go down it would be United, Liverpool and Burnley. Big Sam can do one though so WBA will be down. Sheffield United have gone unfortunately. I hope Fulham stay up. I like Scott Parker and they play some great football and Craven Cottage is one of my favourite away days, getting that stand shaking and drinks by the river.

Why would we want Arsenal to win the Europa League and therefore qualify for the Champions League when they tried to get us booted out of the competition?

lowe just announced leaving germany. can see klopp taking over national team and leaving liverpool with “mutual consent” and gerrard taking over there instead. can also see then him going the way as lampard did at chelsea and being sacked at christmas. would be funny.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.