Personalised tax statements

metalblue

Experience is a terrible teacher, it gives the exa
I simply don't get the point of these this has to be one of the daftest ideas yet. I honestly can't think of a single way this will benefit either the taxpayers or our society, we know approximately where the government spends money, we know how much tax we pay, we can pretty much work it out. It's doomed to ridicule. It's not like they are segregating our tax money and then saying well Mr Suchnsuch, thank-you for your tax payment of £2,325 this year, we used £2k to pay Nurse Smith at the MRI in June, £25 went towards Ethel's hip in September, £300 to Mr X in JSA, he spent £30 on his disabled son a day out at the zoo in August (he had a great day and we have enclosed some pictures of him feeding the giraffe), etc etc.

Some posters might be able to tell us all exactly how much he spends on the NHS, fireman sam, and the dibble of course. Or not.

metalblue said:
I simply don't get the point of these this has to be one of the daftest ideas yet. I honestly can't think of a single way this will benefit either the taxpayers or our society, we know approximately where the government spends money, we know how much tax we pay, we can pretty much work it out. It's doomed to ridicule. It's not like they are segregating our tax money and then saying well Mr Suchnsuch, thank-you for your tax payment of £2,325 this year, we used £2k to pay Nurse Smith at the MRI in June, £25 went towards Ethel's hip in September, £300 to Mr X in JSA, he spent £30 on his disabled son a day out at the zoo in August (he had a great day and we have enclosed some pictures of him feeding the giraffe), etc etc.

Some posters might be able to tell us all exactly how much he spends on the NHS, fireman sam, and the dibble of course. Or not.

I thought your 9% NI paid for the NHS?

nimrod said:
metalblue said:

Oooooooh dunno, I'll have to wait for my statement

nimrod said:
metalblue said:

Goes towards the benefits system, so mainly pensions. Tax pays for NHS.

nimrod said:
metalblue said:

Only in theory, in reality income tax has to pay for a lot of social costs as a 9% tax isn't anywhere near enough to cover it.

metalblue said:

It would been easier to take £5 million of tax payers money and say it was spent it on Conservative 2015 election campaign because that is exactly what it is. The whole point is to highlight how much is spent in order to soften the blow when the next round of cuts come around.

The independent Institute for Fiscal Studies said the Government had failed to “strike a balance” between making detailed information easy to understand and spelling out exactly how it was spent. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...ng-ignorance-over-welfare-claims-9839452.html The whole thing is a sham by lumping together by far the biggest taker of our tax's Pensioners and Disabled people and lumping them together in one pot and saying here is where all your money is going (cue the Sun/ Daily Fail headline)

Just like the election for these crime comissioner people yet another waste of taxpayers money.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.