Perspective

Eds

Ladies and gentlemen, let's all keep things in a little perspective shall we. Remember it wasn't that long ago that the likes of Stockport, York and Lincoln were beating us and look where they are now. It wasn't that long ago that pretty much every blue would look at the last few fixtures of a season and worry whether we would have enough points to stay up. It wasn't that long ago that we had a stadium we all loved but was falling apart. Yes we have spent money but that was to get us from where we were to where we are now as quickly as possible. We have won the league and FA Cup in the past two seasons having won nothing for 35 years. We are watching players like Yaya, Sergio, Silva etc instead of Bradbury, Creaney and Musampa. We are unbeaten in the league, have the second best defence and we are apparently in crisis!! Forget the CL for the time being and hopefully we won't be in the Europa League but we will be a force in the next few years. It took Chelsea 10 years to win it and the rags have only won it twice under Fergiescum despite all their wealth. Be positive and stay together and we will be successful over a long period of time. If you want to moan and groan then I can only suggest the a new site called bluemoan is set up. There are enough people in the country who are sniping at us now, we don't need our own to do so! Get a grip and put everything into perspective. The end!

Eds said:
Ladies and gentlemen, let's all keep things in a little perspective shall we. Remember it wasn't that long ago that the likes of Stockport, York and Lincoln were beating us and look where they are now. It wasn't that long ago that pretty much every blue would look at the last few fixtures of a season and worry whether we would have enough points to stay up. It wasn't that long ago that we had a stadium we all loved but was falling apart. Yes we have spent money but that was to get us from where we were to where we are now as quickly as possible. We have won the league and FA Cup in the past two seasons having won nothing for 35 years. We are watching players like Yaya, Sergio, Silva etc instead of Bradbury, Creaney and Musampa. We are unbeaten in the league, have the second best defence and we are apparently in crisis!! Forget the CL for the time being and hopefully we won't be in the Europa League but we will be a force in the next few years. It took Chelsea 10 years to win it and the rags have only won it twice under Fergiescum despite all their wealth. Be positive and stay together and we will be successful over a long period of time. If you want to moan and groan then I can only suggest the a new site called bluemoan is set up. There are enough people in the country who are sniping at us now, we don't need our own to do so! Get a grip and put everything into perspective. The end!

I hope you've put a lot of vaseline on.

There's only so long this can happen though, this perspective way of looking at things. I can't see many Chelsea fans still harping on about how it's not that long ago they were looking at going out of business before Red Rom came along. The past is the past. Also, we're not a one season wonder like Spurs, we are big time now, expected to be in the CL year after year, but with that comes the need for progression, and albeit only our second season in the CL, we have got worse, not better. You can only look at the fact we were playing 'York away' not so long ago for so long.

We don't even have to talk about that time in our history where we were really struggling. We can go back just sixteen months and we'd - as the new Manchester City Football Club that we are - never finished in the top three and qualified for the Champions League, we still hadn't won a trophy for thirty-five years and hadn't won the league title for forty-three years. That was just sixteen months ago. Look how far we've come in just the last sixteen months, never mind the last sixteen years.

Sick of these threads if I'm honest. Right now we are falling short of our expectations and people have every right to complain. If some goes wrong you can't always say "Blah blah Stockport away blah blah"

Yeah you're right, ignore the countless millions we have spent and focus on we were shite 13 years or so ago as per. Bollocks.

We are the Champions of England not in Division 2 anymore. How about we look even further back when we could actually play in Europe or do we just stop at York away?

These players get paid a fortune regardless of where our club has been in the past.

Fuck me, people have missed the point already. Even the owners had a five year plan in which we would win the league, not solve the world's economic crisis, the Middle East problems or win the CL. Whose expectations are we falling short of, the medias maybe but not those sensible, educated fans who traipsed to watch a shit City side for pretty much 30 years or longer. It will take a few seasons but ask yourself whether you want to be watching what we have now or what we had five years ago. Equally do you want to be a Leeds fan who thought they had it cracked not that long ago.

Eds said:
Fuck me, people have missed the point already. Even the owners had a five year plan in which we would win the league, not solve the world's economic crisis, the Middle East problems or win the CL. Whose expectations are we falling short of, the medias maybe but not those sensible, educated fans who traipsed to watch a shit City side for pretty much 30 years or longer. It will take a few seasons but ask yourself whether you want to be watching what we have now or what we had five years ago. Equally do you want to be a Leeds fan who thought they had it cracked not that long ago.

No I want to be a City fan with some of the best players in the world in our team (which we are) No one is saying we should be winning it but not getting spanked in the group stages either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.