Pet dog taken ill suddenly

Just wanted to say thanks and give you an update.

Our own Vet turned out and having looked at what he was passing and physically examined him diahnosed a travelling infection. Its last as long as it has due to him eating something he shouldn't have. It lasted as long as it did as it has slowly made its way through his digestive system causing havoc in the process.. He was gives a large boost of antibiotics via injection and last night after a couple of hours it was as is Billy Graham had been round and worked his magic. He's on a weeks worth of strong antibiotic tablets to ensure it completely out of his system , limited food portions of chicken and rice and all being well he should be fine.

You really are a good bunch of people and thanks for taking time to reply to me, it's
Very much appreciated.
Great news mate, happy to hear it's sorted.

Just wanted to say thanks and give you an update.

Our own Vet turned out and having looked at what he was passing and physically examined him diahnosed a travelling infection. Its last as long as it has due to him eating something he shouldn't have. It lasted as long as it did as it has slowly made its way through his digestive system causing havoc in the process.. He was gives a large boost of antibiotics via injection and last night after a couple of hours it was as is Billy Graham had been round and worked his magic. He's on a weeks worth of strong antibiotic tablets to ensure it completely out of his system , limited food portions of chicken and rice and all being well he should be fine.

You really are a good bunch of people and thanks for taking time to reply to me, it's
Very much appreciated.

Brilliant news. And fuck Billy Graham, science sorted him. :)

Really happy your boy is going to be ok. I was dreading reading your post in case it was bad news. Give him a hug from his new big Scottish pal. :)

Great news I'm sure a few on here had thier fingers crossed, including me.

I'll be honest I was fearing the worst, he just deteriorated so quickly. I know its not a pleasant thing to discuss, but the vet had a look at the sample I'd collected and as it was just yellow water said it was a good sign as to the naked eye there was no blood or nasties in it. He also said that despite being wormed every quarter and vaccinated, some things ingested by dogs will take a hold as opposed to passing straight through and need a blast of antibiotics.

Once again thank you.

Brilliant news. And fuck Billy Graham, science sorted him. :)

Really happy your boy is going to be ok. I was dreading reading your post in case it was bad news. Give him a hug from his new big Scottish pal. :)

Thank you so much for your kind words, he's just had some chicken and rice and he's having a sleep.

Glad to hear the outcome was positive. Hoping the dog gets a good rest and is back on form soon.

I was starting to worry, but the antibiotic injection seemed to work like magic. Just got to build him back up slowly. He lost three kg in four days, but I think it looked worse because he's a slender dog to start with and our other dog, Marley is a big unit.

Thanks again for the kind words:)

I'll be honest I was fearing the worst, he just deteriorated so quickly. I know its not a pleasant thing to discuss, but the vet had a look at the sample I'd collected and as it was just yellow water said it was a good sign as to the naked eye there was no blood or nasties in it. He also said that despite being wormed every quarter and vaccinated, some things ingested by dogs will take a hold as opposed to passing straight through and need a blast of antibiotics.

Once again thank you.
When my dog fell Ill suddenly a few years back, I had to use an emergency vet. He'd suddenly taken to just lying on his side, not eating or drinking and looked at death’s door. He couldn't walk a step. Being only about 2yrs old, this was very worrying. The vet got him booked into an overnight stay on a drip, etc.
Picked him up the following day, right as rain, and the hospital said they found nothing.

Cost me over 200 notes, the little sh*t.

Good to hear yours got sorted.

Last edited:
Phew. So pleased you got him sorted. Was getting a bit worried.

I was fearing the worst. From Saturday night to yesterday he went downhill rapid, however the antibiotic injection seemed to do the same in reverse. Mind you he did give him a real syringe full and he's on three a day for a week to completely flush it from his system. The vet said dogs do have strong stomachs, but some things just won't pass through unaided.

Again thank for your kind words :)

When my dog fell Ill suddenly a few years back, I had to use an emergency vet. He'd suddenly taken to just lying on his side, not eating or drinking and looked at death’s door. He couldn't walk a step. Being only about 2yrs old, this was very worrying. The vet got him booked into an overnight stay on a drip, etc.
Picked him up the following day, right as rain, and the hospital said they found nothing.

Cost me over 200 notes, the little sh*t.

Good to hear yours got sorted.

I've daren't look at the bill, so I've left that with the wife to sort out. It'll be a wallet stinger, but he's worth it.

Thanks again for the kind words :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.