Pet Hates on the road!

Why exactly are parent and child spaces right near the door????? It's not like they can't walk. Most of the kid's are in pushchair or trolleys anyway.....

True. If we want to encourage people to be more active (and their kids too) these spaces should be far away from the store.

Cyclists That don't use the cycle lanes !! On my commute a cycle lane runs alongside the road for several miles separated by a grass verge nobody uses it ! Traffic is held up by lycra warriors weaving in and out of traffic and the cycle lane stays empty why ???

Bus lanes a whole lane that could be much better utilised as another lane
People that DON'T use bus lanes outside their time restrictions. The sign says "Bus Lane between 7am-10am and 4pm-7pm." For the other 18 hours in the day it is NOT a bus lane and can be used quite legally. Many times I've been using the lane at 2pm, and idiots shout about it being a bus lane. I always politely tell them the time and then ask them to read the sign. A lot of people still don't understand what I'm saying!
Incidentally, my youngest daughter failed her first driving test by not using the lane outside the time restrictions. The instructor said that it was a bit harsh, but the examiner was correct.

People that DON'T use bus lanes outside their time restrictions. The sign says "Bus Lane between 7am-10am and 4pm-7pm." For the other 18 hours in the day it is NOT a bus lane and can be used quite legally. Many times I've been using the lane at 2pm, and idiots shout about it being a bus lane. I always politely tell them the time and then ask them to read the sign. A lot of people still don't understand what I'm saying!
Incidentally, my youngest daughter failed her first driving test by not using the lane outside the time restrictions. The instructor said that it was a bit harsh, but the examiner was correct.

Probably fretting about being incorrectly penalised.

Probably fretting about being incorrectly penalised.
Actually, I once went to the Waterloo Chippy in Ashton one lunchtime, and parked outside the front door on Oldham Road, Two minutes later, a traffic car pulled up behind me and an officer came in, asking whose was the car, as it was parked illegally in a bus lane. The chippy owner said it was not a bus lane at that time of day, and showed him the sign on the lamppost. It was about 12:45 at the time. The officer looked at the sign, checked with his driver, and, to his credit, apologised, somewhat red faced, then left.

Actually, I once went to the Waterloo Chippy in Ashton one lunchtime, and parked outside the front door on Oldham Road, Two minutes later, a traffic car pulled up behind me and an officer came in, asking whose was the car, as it was parked illegally in a bus lane. The chippy owner said it was not a bus lane at that time of day, and showed him the sign on the lamppost. It was about 12:45 at the time. The officer looked at the sign, checked with his driver, and, to his credit, apologised, somewhat red faced, then left.
did he buy anything? that is one top chippy.

People who drive like a snail on the windy road where there's nowhere to pass and then as soon as a bit of open road appears, they floor it so you can't get past them.

It doesn't really bother me though because I just ram the off the road. I've killed 27 so far.

Last edited:

Got to admit this is one of my bug bears, I can not understand why people prefer to crawl along in a busy lane and not use a traffic free bus lane, outside the restricted times. I do love zipping past them on the inside though.
My son has just passed his driving test and was told by his instructor that he must use bus lane outside restricted times otherwise it would be classed as a fault.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.