Peter Crouch Retires

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by SebastianBlue, 14 Jul 2019.

1. jayfx

jayfx

I always got the impression he couldn't quite believe he'd made as a pro. Seems a decent, humble bloke. Good luck to him.

2. Crouchinho

Crouchinho

Team supported:
    Tottenham Hotspur
    Done well at Spurs without being prolific. That goal at the San Siro sent shockwaves through Italy. The year we fucked both Milan teams up they were wondering who Spurs were about after all that

My QPR friend told me about Crouch years ago and said there was a bid coming in for him. He said he was one of their best players but would never make it big time. He got that wrong!

3. sugga_d

sugga_d

Yes all of us on his mums side are big blues, his mum, uncles and cousins are all blues, dads a chelsea fan

Jesus2018 likes this.
  4. blue moony

blue moony

I think he’s a credit to the profession. He comes across very well, he has a sense of humour and just obviously loved playing football.... the world needs more Peter Crouch’s and less Jesse Lingarrds!!

5. Still think it's great name for someone who's 7' 13" in their stocking feet.

prestonibbo_mcfc likes this.
  6. cibaman

cibaman

How To Be A Footballer is brilliantly funny book. Only drawbacks are that he includes an entire chapter on volleying, inspired by his goal against City. And he hero worships Gerrard and devotes a chapter to him. But apart from those flaws, its hilarious.

7. Churchlawtonblue

Churchlawtonblue

60 pages in, it's laugh out loud at times. Seems a grounded and intelligent fella.