Peter Fletcher and stewards (merged)

Re: Peter Fletcher and stewards

marco said:
if you havnt smoked then you have nothing to worry about apart from missing the games. serious if it was me and i had not smoked i would go to a solicitor tomorrow and get him to write to fletcher saying you intend to issue a county court summons for lost monies on the games you will miss, there is no evidence either on film or witnesses 'you will have your card reinstated'

They say that there was a group of stewards who saw me, but then got a difefrent group to eject me and my 2 friends. I rang the club asking if i will be able to buy away tickets as i intended to do all the games from now untill the end of the season.

I was told I cannot purchase any away tickets whilst my card is on hold. so I will also miss the F.A cup final aswell as 3 home games and B'burn, Everton and Bolton

swp80 said:
Iv exchanged various E-mails with fletcher, including a massive E-mail letter, i will post in a minute. But he is being no help atall. im upset more than angry.

Yes i sit in 110 btw
The bloke is a prick and something needs to be done about him!!!

swp80 said:
Iv exchanged various E-mails with fletcher, including a massive E-mail letter, i will post in a minute. But he is being no help atall. im upset more than angry.

Yes i sit in 110 btw
Row Y(ish)?

swp80 said:
marco said:
if you havnt smoked then you have nothing to worry about apart from missing the games. serious if it was me and i had not smoked i would go to a solicitor tomorrow and get him to write to fletcher saying you intend to issue a county court summons for lost monies on the games you will miss, there is no evidence either on film or witnesses 'you will have your card reinstated'

They say that there was a group of stewards who saw me, but then got a difefrent group to eject me and my 2 friends. I rang the club asking if i will be able to buy away tickets as i intended to do all the games from now untill the end of the season.

I was told I cannot purchase any away tickets whilst my card is on hold. so I will also miss the F.A cup final aswell as 3 home games and B'burn, Everton and Bolton

i know its an arse but you could allways get tickets for the home games from mates etc. i would def get a brief to write to fletcher threatening county court action against the club unless your card is reinstated with imediate effect

The first of the Emails is at the bottom, work your way up.

Hi Mr Fletcher,

I respect the rules and that they have to be enforced, but I am upset and confused as to the situation I have suddenly found myself in. I will offer to take a medical at the doctors to prove that I dont smoke, as I am willing to do as much as I can to keep following the blues for the rest of the season.

The reason I am confused is I don't understand why

That if we were smoking, we weren't ejected straight away?
How can the stewards who ejected us be adimant we were smoking, if they weren't the stewards who allegedly spotted us smoking?
What would the stewards have done if we had all gone back to our seats?

I feel that I have been mistreated by the club and that my loyalty to the club is being portayed. I Don't like to say negative things about the club but I feel we were targeted by the stewards, because we were easy supporters to get hold of as they waited untill almost everybody had returned back to their seats.

I would like to reiterate that I would go as far as take a medical, to prove I don't smoke and that it was 100% not me smoking in the toilet facilities.

Regards

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: @hotmail.co.uk
Subject: RE: Incident during the Manchester City F.C Vs Sunderland A.F.C
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 13:25:51 +0000

Mr Blood,

I have now had the opportunity to review the reports in respect of your ejection and speak to the people who saw you smoking.

They are adamant that you were smoking along with your friends who were also ejected. The stewards who ejected you were not the same stewards who witnessed you smoking in the toilets and I am satisfied that they have correctly followed the strict protocols that we have in place to ensure that there is no mistakes when identifying people. I am also satisfied with the explanation in the delay that took place between you being seen smoking and being ejected.

In line with our current policy your file and ticket will be suspended for the next three home games which effectively means until the end of the season.

Regards

Peter Fletcher

Sent: 05 April 2011 15:30
To: Peter Fletcher
Subject: Incident during the Manchester City F.C Vs Sunderland A.F.C

Dear Mr Fletcher,

I am writing this letter in regards to an incident that resulted in my season card being confiscated from me. The incident took place outside block 110, on the concourse, after around 5 minutes into the second half of the game between Manchester City F.C and Sunderland A.F.C.

Me and 2 of my friends were having a chat on the concourse about plans for next weekend, when after being stood there for around 5 - 10 minutes, around 5-6 stewards approached us. They asked us to show our season cards and if we would politely come with them. I obliged with the steward who was having the conversation with me, but was puzzled as to what was going on, and also what I had done. The woman steward who dealt with me, was very polite and informative as to what the situation was once we had been lead away from the concourse, and told me that me and my 2 friends had been allegedly seen smoking in the toilets during half time.
I fully understand that the stewards are only doing their job, which is why I obliged with what the steward was telling me and didn’t kick up a fuss when she told me I couldn't have my season card back and we would have to leave the stadium.

I can take great pride in telling you that from the age of 6-12 years I was a goalkeeper for Manchester City academy, trained by Alex Williams and David Felgate. I am now 17 years old. I was also at Macclesfield town from the age of 13-15 years of age, but sadly things didn't work out for me and my playing career. I am a dedicated sportsman and the thought of smoking makes my stomach churn, I despise Cigarettes and would never, for one minute of my life ever think about taking up smoking as a hobby or an addiction.

I follow Manchester City everywhere and have missed only 2 domestic games this season played inside the UK which were Fulham and Arsenal away, I also managed to make the trips away to Aris Thessaloniki and Dynamo Kiev, both travelling on Spike's organised trips. All the money I currently earn is prioritised to saving up for next years season ticket and going on away matches. Now my season card has been taken away from me, I fear I may miss some crucial games towards the business end of the season, especially with champions’ league qualification and F.A cup glory right under our noses. The thought of not being there at such a high point in our history, pains me and even brings me close to tears, because I worship Manchester City like a religion, and have so much pride with everything and everyone involved with Manchester City.

I realise that the stewards have to do their job, and have to enforce rules and punishment in line with the offence committed. However I feel missing the second half of the match against Sunderland was punishment enough, as now I have missed half of our biggest league triumph of the season.

I rightly had my season card took off me if I was suspected of having been smoking during the half time break, as I don't agree with why people can't just wait 90 minutes to have a cigarette outside after the match. What I don't understand is normally when I go to urinate at half time, as I did during the Sunderland game, I see people getting thrown out there and then, sometimes even putting up a struggle. I didn't do this I obliged politely. What Also confuses me is why me and my 2 friends were thrown out after half time whilst we was on the concourse, and why weren't we ejected at the time of the alleged offence? The only reason I can offer as to why I was thrown out must be a serious case of mistaken identity, and was presumed to be somebody else. As I can assure you I have never smoked in my 17 years on this earth and never intend to.

Finally I would like to conclude by taking this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to read this letter. Also I would like to apologise to the club and the stewards who dealt with me and my friends, as we have caused an inconvenience. Also we have given the club a negative image and a misleading interpretation of the loyal and great fan base I am proud to be a part of.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Yours sincerely,<br /><br />-- Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:37 pm --<br /><br />
Randomer said:
swp80 said:

Yes i sit in 110 btw
Row Y(ish)?

Nah mate

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.