Peter Fletcher Announces Retirement

Re: Peter fletcher

worsleyweb said:
Worked with Peter on the stadium. He was a really decent bloke. Took a lot of stress last few years. Wish him all the best. The pricks on here who have a go at him have no idea. We have a lot of knobhead fans who used to abuse him.

and we have a lot of decent fans that got wrongly accused, thrown out, banned and ignored by Fletcher

worsleyweb said:
Worked with Peter on the stadium. He was a really decent bloke. Took a lot of stress last few years. Wish him all the best. The pricks on here who have a go at him have no idea. We have a lot of knobhead fans who used to abuse him.

Try and defend the incident with the QPR match ball or perhaps why a fanatical non-smoker was banned for three matches for not smoking in the toilets? Fletcher might have the capabilities to do most of his job requirement but when he's called to correct the behaviour of the Stewards he is responsible for then he refuses.

Taking stress for unnecessary situations inflamed by casually employed Agency Stewards is part of his job. I'm optimistic the continued good recruitment policy at City will continue with someone more approachable and flexible.

First and foremost he is a blue. Heavily involved with the junior blues in the 80's.

plattlane01 said:
First and foremost he is a blue. Heavily involved with the junior blues in the 80's.
Still doesnt stop him been a twat, yes I've been banned because someone smoked while using my ticket, even though they thought naively they were outside technically smoking, I wasnt even in the fucking country, guys a tool, good riddance.

I've met Peter Fletcher a few times and he seems OK. However I don't stand at home games (never bloody sit down at away games though) and I'm not a smoker who can't manage two hours without a cig. Going to the CL final? Nah, can't be arsed cos I can't smoke on the plane - f*ckin pathetic.
And those seem to be the major problems. Smoking and standing. We get away with a hell of a lot of standing at home games, and Fletcher has been fighting a constant battle against the dickheads at the council. Smokers on T2 and T3 usually get away with it as they can use the spirals - again Fletcher knows they do this and turns a blind eye, but some are so bloody stupid they do it right in front of the stewards and wonder why they are ejected.
Having said that I know of several fans who have been ejected for smoking by over-officious stewards and am well aware Fletcher has done little to help even when the victim has never smoked in his life.
Like many on here I feel his replacement will be worse.

only dealt with him once over an incident..

the most unhelpful person I have ever dealt with.... only communicated by letter and wasn't really interested in my side of the story.

The way he banned people without getting both sides of the story, it was guilty till proved innocent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.