Peter Green

Yes, I know they are Bookbinders, wasn't that dingy club off Piccadilly one of theirs?
I had a mate who was always in there, but dearie me, it wasn't exactly packed out with Victoria's Secret models,
mostly ancient hags without a full set of choppers between them. One sidled up to me, she had a face like a clumsy beekeeper,
and stank of fags and ale, and said 'Where are you from?'
I snarled back, 'Broadmoor.'
Yes, but how much did she charge?

Yes, I know they are Bookbinders, wasn't that dingy club off Piccadilly one of theirs?
I had a mate who was always in there, but dearie me, it wasn't exactly packed out with Victoria's Secret models,
mostly ancient hags without a full set of choppers between them. One sidled up to me, she had a face like a clumsy beekeeper,
and stank of fags and ale, and said 'Where are you from?'
I snarled back, 'Broadmoor.'
is bookbinders still open? had some good nights in there back in the day

Quiz question. FM's first album, known as 'the dustbin album'....who played bass guitar?

Cracking album, that. I would’ve fallen into the trap, and said John McVie. And I played that record to dust. In those years, I saw just about everyone I wanted to see, with the exception of Hendrix (a lifelong regret), and these. Oh, and I suppose, the Fairport Convention line-up with Sandy Denny.

Everyone I knew who had seen them play told me that the difference between them on vinyl and them live was simply astonishing. Do people on here confirm that?

A good, underrated album: Then Play On. I bought that at a record shop right at the top of the parade that leads up to Piccadilly station, in fact. Anybody remember that shop?

Cracking album, that. I would’ve fallen into the trap, and said John McVie. And I played that record to dust. In those years, I saw just about everyone I wanted to see, with the exception of Hendrix (a lifelong regret), and these. Oh, and I suppose, the Fairport Convention line-up with Sandy Denny.

Everyone I knew who had seen them play told me that the difference between them on vinyl and them live was simply astonishing. Do people on here confirm that?

A good, underrated album: Then Play On. I bought that at a record shop right at the top of the parade that leads up to Piccadilly station, in fact. Anybody remember that shop?

Saw Fairport with Sandy. Beautiful.

And round about the same time, this lot were pretty good. Almost Perfect, in fact. (Gerrit?)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.