Peter O'Toole

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Gutted, loved reading about his hellraiser days with olly, burton and Harris!

R.I.P

I read that book too ;-)

Great actor who had a good innings, all things considered.

RIP. A fantastic actor.

Surprised he lived so long as he looked very frail as King Priam in Troy almost a decade ago.

piter_250__3_.gif

Famously, O'Toole once went out for a drink in Paris… and woke up in Corsica. He's confirmed this actually happened.

While shooting 'The Lion In Winter', O'Toole cut off the top of his finger in a boating accident. He popped the finger in some brandy he was drinking, before pushing it back into place and wrapping with a bandage. Three weeks later he took the bandage off, and found he'd put it on the wrong way round, "probably because of the brandy, which I drank," explained O'Toole.
He went out boozing with Michael Caine when he was O'Toole's understudy for 'The Long And The Short And The Tall' at the Royal Court Theatre in 1959. The last thing Michael Caine remembered was eating egg and chips, before waking up in a strange flat with a headache. "What time is it?" he inquired. "Never mind what time it is," said O'Toole. "What f***ing day is it?" Two days had passed and they were due on stage in three hours.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.