Peter Reid

Heard a story that when he was our player manager in one game he had to put himself on the bench due to a player getting injured in the warm up then had to come on when another player got injured in the first few minutes.. and he went on to win the MOM award

Nothing strange in that apart from he'd necked 5 pints with the match sponsors and directors before the match as he wasn't involved

Probably bollocks

Not really.
Paid over the odds for Keith Curle when we already had Colin Hendry.
Same for Terry Phelan when we already had adequate cover in that position.
Played Adrian Heath up front who couldn't score, when the team was crying out for Clive Allen to be played off Quinny.
Our attacking tactics ended up with Rick Holden hoofing the ball up to Quinny, which was soon sussed out by opposition defences.
Tactics were eventually decided on by Sam Ellis.

This. City fans couldn’t stomach such industrial football. We demanded entertainment , even if that meant we’d finish 4th from bottom.

I saw Brian Horton recently in a pub in cheadle hulme and told him I loved him being our manager and the football was the 2nd best I’d ever seen

This. City fans couldn’t stomach such industrial football. We demanded entertainment , even if that meant we’d finish 4th from bottom.

I saw Brian Horton recently in a pub in cheadle hulme and told him I loved him being our manager and the football was the 2nd best I’d ever seen

You put him above Pearce ?

The most important thing about this thread is the realisation that Zin was using the word "lol" in 1991.

I...errr...remember things differently.

Always liked Reid, and still comes across well.

May be earlier in the thread (Not had time to read all), but heard a story about him from a well know podcast. He was away with a club when he was still a player, and had a bottle of vodka (Or another spirit), but no mixers were knocking about. He finally found a bottle of mouth wash, so used that instead of a mixer!

I'm not fussy, but Vodka and mouthwash, would definitely put hairs on your chest (And your knuckles in Peters case).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.