Peter Reid

Sky Blue said:
Len Rum said:
Johnsonontheleft said:
In amongst the decades of shite, Peter Reid guided us to a 5th place finish, above the rags who finished 6th that season. Started as a player manager. Got Quinn & White playing really well together, and the highlight for me at the time was that we always seemed to do well against Liverpool (the MCFC of the day).

Sacked unfairly IMO after a few games of the following season.
Not really.
Paid over the odds for Keith Curle when we already had Colin Hendry.
Same for Terry Phelan when we already had adequate cover in that position.
Played Adrian Heath up front who couldn't score, when the team was crying out for Clive Allen to be played off Quinny.
Our attacking tactics ended up with Rick Holden hoofing the ball up to Quinny, which was soon sussed out by opposition defences.
Tactics were eventually decided on by Sam Ellis.

Agree with most of that...I'd say Curle did most of the hoofing though....

One game at home to Spurs in the league cup was the worst I've ever seen for long ball. We lost 1-0

That's how I remember it too. Curle to Quinn...awful compared to what we watch now.

The home game against Leeds at the start of the 93/94 season was one of the most depressing I can remember (although there are many to choose from). The side looked lethargic, unmotivated and tactically clueless. It felt like the season was going to be devoid of any joy and optimism. I was glad when Reid was sacked and have never had any reservations about him leaving.

Como Cat said:
The home game against Leeds at the start of the 93/94 season was one of the most depressing I can remember (although there are many to choose from). The side looked lethargic, unmotivated and tactically clueless. It felt like the season was going to be devoid of any joy and optimism. I was glad when Reid was sacked and have never had any reservations about him leaving.
Are you sure it was that season? I thought it was the 91/92 season that...?

Pigeonho said:
Como Cat said:

Como is correct was 93.....

Sky Blue said:
Pigeonho said:
Como Cat said:

Signs of getting old. :-(

Len Rum said:
Johnsonontheleft said:
In amongst the decades of shite, Peter Reid guided us to a 5th place finish, above the rags who finished 6th that season. Started as a player manager. Got Quinn & White playing really well together, and the highlight for me at the time was that we always seemed to do well against Liverpool (the MCFC of the day).

Sacked unfairly IMO after a few games of the following season.
Not really.
Paid over the odds for Keith Curle when we already had Colin Hendry.
Same for Terry Phelan when we already had adequate cover in that position.
Played Adrian Heath up front who couldn't score, when the team was crying out for Clive Allen to be played off Quinny.
Our attacking tactics ended up with Rick Holden hoofing the ball up to Quinny, which was soon sussed out by opposition defences.
Tactics were eventually decided on by Sam Ellis.

Sorry Len, Keith Curle would be in my top 5 centre half's ever to play for us in my time watching gods own mate..
Curle & phelan put some much needed pace in our back four.. Look what happened when both were sold on the cheap by the club.. Kit symonds was given the captaincy, he was slower then me now.. Kit was made to look decent because of Keith's & phelans pace...
Back to the thread.. Reidy... Legend for me...!! What he did with, in today's terms very little cash was the best we'd had for a decade or 2 even ... Wasn't it 2 top 5 finishes in 3 seasons..?? and I think we finished 8 th in the other one.. thanks to a 5-2 battering from Everton on the last day of the season..
He must go down as a success for me...!!!

Sky Blue said:
Pigeonho said:
Como Cat said:

didn't that game end 1-1? flitcrift scored and we got out of jail a little bit

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.