Peter Reid

[/quote]

I might be wrong but I think it was also the same day as the Strangeways roof top protest and riots started?

City...........ruining prisons and starting riots since 1990[/quote]
I don't want to go off topic but I'm sure that game was the first time I heard Blue Moon being sung.
Back to Reid. I reckon for his first stab at management he did ok. The football was not great to watch but you could pretty much guarantee a home win at Maine road. He tried to build the team from the back with Curle and Phelan but Quinn was a bit of a one trick pony. As for Colin Hendry I was a big admirer of him.

I might be wrong but I think it was also the same day as the Strangeways roof top protest and riots started?

City...........ruining prisons and starting riots since 1990 [/quote]

I don't want to go off topic but I'm sure that game was the first time I heard Blue Moon being sung.
Back to Reid. I reckon for his first stab at management he did ok. The football was not great to watch but you could pretty much guarantee a home win at Maine road. He tried to build the team from the back with Curle and Phelan but Quinn was a bit of a one trick pony. As for Colin Hendry I was a big admirer of him.

First I heard it was first game of that season, in August 89 at Anfield. 5 or 6 lads singing it constantly trying to get it to take off...... they succeeded!

I think he is getting desperate

EVERTON legend Peter Reid will be hosting an evening in Northwich.

The former Manchester City manager will be speaking to guests at the Holdi restaurant on Sunday, March 12, from 2pm. Doors open at 12.30pm.

Reid signed for Everton in 1982 where he helped the club win domestic and European honours, including the Football League twice.

He was voted as the PFA Players' Player of the Year in 1985 and came fourth in the World Soccer Player of the Year award, behind Michel Platini, Preben Elkjær and Diego Maradona.

In 1990, Reid was appointed player-manager of Manchester City and went on to manage a number of sides.

Tickets to the Holdi event cost £22 and include a full Indian buffet. The FA cup will also be present.

The former Manchester City manager will be speaking to guests at the Holdi restaurant on Sunday, March 12, from 2pm. Doors open at 12.30pm.

Reid signed for Everton in 1982 where he helped the club win domestic and European honours, including the Football League twice.

He was voted as the PFA Players' Player of the Year in 1985 and came fourth in the World Soccer Player of the Year award, behind Michel Platini, Preben Elkjær and Diego Maradona.

In 1990, Reid was appointed player-manager of Manchester City and went on to manage a number of sides.

Tickets to the Holdi event cost £22 and include a full Indian buffet. The FA cup will also be present.
Are they meaning Reidy when they say the fa cup will be present? Referring to his ears?

Well it's a decent restaurant at least, we dined there the other week. Apparently they have another restaurant in Liverpool, so I expect this will be a spin off from there, they had recently had an ex Liverpool player, Thompson I think, doing the same thing.

Food's very good anyway.

16807258_1683142991984765_3880260936045059139_n.jpg

Red ribbons on the cup!!

When he was manager at a supporters do a mate was talking to Reid about our style of play. Basically the long ball.

Reid was rude and called my mate a dickhead but soon fucked off when he was challenged.

Went down in my estimation then. No need

Got us some decents results but it was only playing the percentage game. I left most matches even after a win, thinking "this is dire".

Actually one hell of a player, he could control midfield but we never seen his best days in a City shirt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.