Peter Reid

Johnsonontheleft

In amongst the decades of shite, Peter Reid guided us to a 5th place finish, above the rags who finished 6th that season. Started as a player manager. Got Quinn & White playing really well together, and the highlight for me at the time was that we always seemed to do well against Liverpool (the MCFC of the day).

Sacked unfairly IMO after a few games of the following season.

lust overlord said:
Peter Reid did a decent job.He also did a decent job at Sunderland using the same tactics.
Trouble was,the style of football he produced,at both clubs, got us as far as it was going to get.
I much preferred the reign of Horton for entertainment,if not league position.
'Brian Who?' Was the headline, (that damn agenda again!).
They were some of the finest pre-takeover days I've seen at City. Walsh, Quinn, Beagrie etc. great football to watch.

Johnsonontheleft said:
In amongst the decades of shite, Peter Reid guided us to a 5th place finish, above the rags who finished 6th that season. Started as a player manager. Got Quinn & White playing really well together, and the highlight for me at the time was that we always seemed to do well against Liverpool (the MCFC of the day).

Not really.
Paid over the odds for Keith Curle when we already had Colin Hendry.
Same for Terry Phelan when we already had adequate cover in that position.
Played Adrian Heath up front who couldn't score, when the team was crying out for Clive Allen to be played off Quinny.
Our attacking tactics ended up with Rick Holden hoofing the ball up to Quinny, which was soon sussed out by opposition defences.
Tactics were eventually decided on by Sam Ellis.

The first manager I can properly remember. Player manager too IIRC. All seemed to go wrong after he left and we had 5 managers in a week.

quiet_riot said:
The first manager I can properly remember. Player manager too IIRC. All seemed to go wrong after he left and we had 5 managers in a week.

I guess we're around the same age then.

Len Rum said:
Johnsonontheleft said:

Not really.
Paid over the odds for Keith Curle when we already had Colin Hendry.
Same for Terry Phelan when we already had adequate cover in that position.
Played Adrian Heath up front who couldn't score, when the team was crying out for Clive Allen to be played off Quinny.
Our attacking tactics ended up with Rick Holden hoofing the ball up to Quinny, which was soon sussed out by opposition defences.
Tactics were eventually decided on by Sam Ellis.

Agree with most of that...I'd say Curle did most of the hoofing though....

One game at home to Spurs in the league cup was the worst I've ever seen for long ball. We lost 1-0

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.