Peter William Sutcliffe

FWIW, I was on nodding acquaintance with Sutcliffe. We often drank in the same pub. He always seemed quiet and unassuming. But dont they always?
His two brothers, however, were well known: one a drug dealer and one a thief.
The dealer never was prosecuted even tho' he dealt openly and ran a Porsche while officially unemployed. It was said the drug squad tipped him off. Retired to a farm he bought.
The thief 'went away' on a regular basis.
The NoW got wind of the drug dealing and spent several weeks in the local trying to buy drugs off the dealer as part of a sting. Typically, they got the wrong brother and could not understand why he was reluctant. We knew who the reporters were, but never let on to them their mistake. Eventually, the thief sold them some pills and was caught and prosecuted. He retired to a block of sheltered housing as their security manager!
Two mates went out with Sutcliffe's two sisters, nothing outrageous to report.
Wow!!!

That Gordon Burn book is excellent
Lots of info on his family I've not seen anywhere else
Like one of his brothers suspecting he was the Ripper [hiding stuff at his house etc] and his new hobby of attending Bradford City games towards the end of his freedom .

There is a new 5 part series about the case on Netflix
Tried it last night but it hadnt landed yet on my provider. Read up on it and the reviews are that the BBC one recently was more insightful and this doesnt offer anything new. Then again it is for a global audience who may not know anything if it.

Tried it last night but it hadnt landed yet on my provider. Read up on it and the reviews are that the BBC one recently was more insightful and this doesnt offer anything new. Then again it is for a global audience who may not know anything if it.
There's quite a lot of old news footage I'd not seen before including stuff from the two Manchester murder locations.

FWIW, I was on nodding acquaintance with Sutcliffe. We often drank in the same pub. He always seemed quiet and unassuming. But dont they always?
His two brothers, however, were well known: one a drug dealer and one a thief.
The dealer never was prosecuted even tho' he dealt openly and ran a Porsche while officially unemployed. It was said the drug squad tipped him off. Retired to a farm he bought.
The thief 'went away' on a regular basis.
The NoW got wind of the drug dealing and spent several weeks in the local trying to buy drugs off the dealer as part of a sting. Typically, they got the wrong brother and could not understand why he was reluctant. We knew who the reporters were, but never let on to them their mistake. Eventually, the thief sold them some pills and was caught and prosecuted. He retired to a block of sheltered housing as their security manager!
Two mates went out with Sutcliffe's two sisters, nothing outrageous to report.
Mad stuff that, wow

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.