Peterloo Massacre film / Films made in Mancheter

Wasn't some of the early colonial Singapore scenes from Empire of the Sun filmed in Hale?
Some of it filmed on Legh Road Knutsford, check it out on Google earth, then see the film, you can see why they chose Legh Road due to the design of the buildings
Some of the picket fences alongside the road were erected for the film, you can see them in the film too

Last edited:
I studied this as part of my higher History and was genuinely moved by the courage of the people. I too am looking forward to seeing it.

I have just found a film called "The Living Dead at Manchester Morgue" aka "Let Sleeping Corpses Lie" filmed in 1974 in Manchester and surrounding areas. The reviews even suggest this is a great zombie film that is criminally overlooked in the genre.

Here is the list of filming locations...

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071431/locations?ref_=tt_dt_dt

A lot of you are interested in movies that filmed local to us so i thought it worth noting here. The reviews are so good i am going to watch this tonight and see whats what.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.