Petition to change EFL governance

There is an item on the news saying the EFL have invited Blackpool Supporters Trust to a meeting.

Tangerino, do you think that is as a result of the pressure you guys have been putting on them with the petitions ? have they finaly seena tiny bit of light ? If they have keep going, dont be fooled by them. They will fob you off with promises but no real change.

Keep us updated please.

I am not actually part of the trust, other than being a mmber. I will try and provide updates, but I work away a lot.

I wanted to support the trust by broadcasting the petition and to hopefully drum up some support. I have to say, the number of signatures received since contacting you guys and other supporters forums has been great. So thanks for all your support so far. :-)

For info, a quick update from BST;s website;

BST’s petition went live on the parliamentary website last week and will run for six months to 22nd August 2018. It has gained 5,000 signatures in the first week but requires 100,000 people to sign to trigger parliamentary action.

What is it that most annoys football supporters? It’s not necessarily a draw or a defeat when they might have hoped for a victory. It’s under-performance, when players don’t give their all to try and turn a situation around. By extension, as fans we all have it in our power to try and make a positive difference in the way our game is run. We can all step up to the challenge. It takes just a few minutes to overcome the apathy, log on to the website and support a petition that could start to turn our situation around. This is the link to the petition:
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/213108

Please support it today and encourage everyone you know to do the same.

In parallel with that parliamentary petition, and in addition to our formal communications with the League, the Trust is also supporting the public campaign to put pressure of the EFL to act in regard to fans’ concerns.

The EFL has indicated in the last 24 hours that it is willing to hold a meeting with Blackpool fans’ groups, Blackpool MPs and the Gazette newspaper during March to discuss the situation.

Apparently ‘attendees will be given the opportunity to raise their concerns and EFL officials will endeavour to provide answers wherever possible and explain its position on a number of matters that have previously been raised in the public domain.’

Today’s planned demonstration outside EFL headquarters in Preston is intended to reinforce for the EFL the principle that fans are vital stakeholders in the game and to show the strength of our dissatisfaction with their response to date when it comes to dealing with rogue owners.. BST encourages all who are available to join this protest against the way that football is currently governed. It is important that the protest is peaceful and law-abiding, that it should make its legitimate point without intimidating either members of the public or EFL employees.

There is a train from Blackpool South at 13:48 (the ‘EFL Special’ to Preston) but for those who can't make that train, the plan is to meet at Preston Station for 14.30pm and then to march down Fishergate for the Fans United protest outside EFL House. BST has agreed to be a point of contact/liaison for Lancashire Police, who are happy with the arrangements.

BBC TV’s Question Time was broadcast from Blackpool last night. BST members were in the audience and hoping to pose a question about the state of affairs at Blackpool FC and its impact on the town, to get the thoughts of the panel and to give the issue of rogue ownership some national exposure. By the time you are reading this we will know if they were successful.

Finally, the Trust is pleased to announce that BST committee member, Tony Wilkinson, has been elected to the board of the Supporters’ Direct England and Wales Football Council for a 3 year term. Congratulations go to Tony. He will do a wonderful job representing football fans everywhere as well as being a great ambassador for BST.

I am not actually part of the trust, other than being a mmber. I will try and provide updates, but I work away a lot.

I wanted to support the trust by broadcasting the petition and to hopefully drum up some support. I have to say, the number of signatures received since contacting you guys and other supporters forums has been great. So thanks for all your support so far. :-)

Oh no don't think you can get out of it that easily, especially with the I work away a lot. We demand twice daily updates and these must include the number of signatures, geographic areas where they have come from and the colour of the blackpool rock that was used to give Oyston an enema

:-) Update duly provided above

However, if you really want updates 'from the horses mouth' so to speak, there is information on the blackpool supporters trust website (http://blackpoolsupporterstrust.com/Site/LatestNews.aspx) and on Backhenrystreet (http://www.backhenrystreet.co.uk/forum-2.html) supporters forum.

Geographic demographics and volumes are available via the petition link)

As for the rock, we would prefer dynamite

Mods: any chance of making this a sticky?

Mods I think he means the rock/dynamite not the thread :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.