Petition to lift Government amendment to the Taylor report

KpxSte

When the Taylor report was commissioned and it's findings delivered to the Football Leaugue regarding standing areas at football grounds. One recommendation was as follows:

"The report stated that standing accommodation is not intrinsically unsafe, but the government decided that no standing accommodation was to be allowed at all".

With the massive investment of football stadia in both safety and facilities, I petition the Goverment to allow limited standing at football stadia.

It would make football more attractive to low earners who were priced out of attending all seater games and raise the atmosphere at football matches.

I propose this to enhance fooball as a game and not to under estimate the tragedy, misery and grief suffered by those connected to the Hillsbourough disaster, and that we all felt as a Nation together.

It's nearly 20 years on since that horrfic day and the stadia are now ready to safely introduce smaller, limited terracing.

<a class="postlink" href="http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/footballstand/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/footballstand/</a>

Kneel before Zod! Live by THE STATE...

We are ALL responsible for this.

"Please sir, may I wipe my arse? May I stop now? I can't look after myself, but I sure as shit know how to look after my neighbour. I've pissed away 14 years and thousands of pounds of 'free edumaction' and though the sight of a firearm sends brown down my pants, and though I can hardly make beans on toast, I, like you, am an expert in everything under the sun, so I flatter myself every four years and spout shit about 'opinions' and raise my hand to plunder the treasury and engage in legalized theft, and everytime the erstaz market fucks up I blame the ersatz market rather then look in the mirror (of magistrates)...".

Good idea mate, and you'd be right in thinking that that is the way for the people to get the laws changed. After all, if thousands of people sign it, then surely the Government would take notice?

Alas not. I've signed many petitions, calling for sensible things that tens of thousands of people have signed. All you get in return is a statement from the 'Prime Minister' (Work Experience lad in the Communications Office) basically saying how they're not going to take notice.

Not having a go at the principle of it, because it's right, the Government do need to listen to us and hear the common sense arguments. Unfortunately, we don't donate enough money between us to the Labour Party for them to give a sh!t

Just got an email saying from Downing Street they have responded to the petition.

Read the Government’s response

The Government continues to support Lord Taylor’s recommendation that the all-seater stadium policy does more to ensure safety and security at football grounds than any other single measure. It is our view that the excellent safety record over the past 18 years at football grounds is a direct result of the approach to safety, disorder and crowd management, making our stadia some of the safest, best attended and most welcoming in the world.

The campaign for standing is not universally popular among football supporters (especially among families, the older generation and the disabled) whom have all returned in greater number to watch matches since seating was introduced.

A return to standing would also be unsupported by top-division football clubs and, in May 2006, they with the football authorities unanimously agreed they did not want a return to standing on terraces and that seating was the safest way to watch a match.

Fuck knows where they pulled half of that shit from. Tossers.

There are plenty of football matches you can still stand at.

The "nearly twenty years since" makes it lose any credibility.

Brucie Bonus said:
Kneel before Zod! Live by THE STATE...

We are ALL responsible for this.

"Please sir, may I wipe my arse? May I stop now? I can't look after myself, but I sure as shit know how to look after my neighbour. I've pissed away 14 years and thousands of pounds of 'free edumaction' and though the sight of a firearm sends brown down my pants, and though I can hardly make beans on toast, I, like you, am an expert in everything under the sun, so I flatter myself every four years and spout shit about 'opinions' and raise my hand to plunder the treasury and engage in legalized theft, and everytime the erstaz market fucks up I blame the ersatz market rather then look in the mirror (of magistrates)...".

yerwot?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.