Petition to save bbc local city coverage and Ian Cheesman

Signed - he was there when we where Sh:t . My elderly Mum relies on GMR for her City coverage, she loves Jimmy Cheesy Fred & The Goat. Its a great service for fans who cant get to the match & even those that do for the pre/post match phone ins

What's this? Cheeseman and happy Fred are an institution in my house. Saturday affy at work without them would be a nightmare.

'Oh no............'

Exactly, when I was being transferred from Wigan hospital to Hope Hospital 18 months ago I got the ambulance drivers to put on Radio Manchester to listen to Cheesy and Fred. It didn't take much persuading; he said ' thank goodness for that we turned it off because we were getting a patient' so I told him I wasn't a patient just a City fan, one of them was City the other Wigan!!

Exactly, when I was being transferred from Wigan hospital to Hope Hospital 18 months ago I got the ambulance drivers to put on Radio Manchester to listen to Cheesy and Fred. It didn't take much persuading; he said ' thank goodness for that we turned it off because we were getting a patient' so I told him I wasn't a patient just a City fan, one of them was City the other Wigan!!

When you can hear Fred's pearls of wisdom you know everything is alright in the world for 90 minutes at least.

Difficult times at the BBC, money is tight and is due to get tighter what with the charter renewal and absorbing the cost of TV Licences for the elderly (£650 m).

Local radio will be hit again and so anywhere that savings can be made without cutting services should be explored. Is there any sense therefore in having both national and local radio reporters doing the same job at the same event?

It's a shame that Ian may not be able to report on City in the way he has for a number of years and both he and City fans will suffer as a result. Fans of other clubs in other regions will be in a similar position too.

My hope is that the BBC is able decease the number of middle management positions that seems disproportionate to the number of people actually making programs and content.

There will be other BBC services that are affected and we'll only have ourselves to blame for voting in a Tory government who are out to stifle the BBC.

This thread has just answered a question for me.
The PSG away match I tuned into Radio Manc. expecting Cheesy but it was the radio5live comentary - on Radio Manc. Peter Jones and Danny Mills.
I do not do Twitter/Twatter or Facebook - so how can I register my disgust? -************ Save Our Cheesy**********

Tonight it was Cheesy and the Goat. - on Radio Manc.
Any ideas? - how do I register my vote - ?.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.