Petition to save bbc local city coverage and Ian Cheesman

Difficult times at the BBC, money is tight and is due to get tighter what with the charter renewal and absorbing the cost of TV Licences for the elderly (£650 m).

Local radio will be hit again and so anywhere that savings can be made without cutting services should be explored. Is there any sense therefore in having both national and local radio reporters doing the same job at the same event?

It's a shame that Ian may not be able to report on City in the way he has for a number of years and both he and City fans will suffer as a result. Fans of other clubs in other regions will be in a similar position too.

My hope is that the BBC is able decease the number of middle management positions that seems disproportionate to the number of people actually making programs and content.

There will be other BBC services that are affected and we'll only have ourselves to blame for voting in a Tory government who are out to stifle the BBC.

Fuck me - it's Cameron's fault that cheesy is going!

Thank you!

That was them, the station was shit and it came as no surprise when it was sold on. They paid a fortune for the rights after Piccadilly Key 103 relinquished them.

GMR are best place to air all local matches as they are a local non-commercial broadcaster who are not under any advertising constraints.

I remember now as well, thank you gentlemen. I agree Dribble, GMR or Radio Manchester is the best place.

I remember now as well, thank you gentlemen. I agree Dribble, GMR or Radio Manchester is the best place.
I don't know if the petition is purely about Cheesy keeping his job and being replaced or GMR losing the rights altogether, but I do know that as a public service broadcaster GMR has a promise of performance charter to serve its community. Tackling losing the commentary from this angle would be far more potent than a petition just to keep a single presenter.

Believe me the government and the BBC would be right up shit creek if they turned away from the opportunity to devolve local sports broadcasting in favour of a national option. Attack it from this angle and we can save local radio football broadcasting along with Cheesy.

Done!! I simply said that, the end of local radio coverage would merely perpetuate, rather than balance out, the blatant anti City rhetoric that is currently practised so prevalently in all forms of the national media these days

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.