Petrov and one-footed players

basher

Northern Kentucky-land of Bengal tigers, NASCAR, a
Ok, so I know Petrov has been out all season up til now, and that chances are he won't be here next season. I don't mean to slate him as he was a great player for us last year, but I've always been frustrated with how one-footed he is. All any defender has to do is turn him inside to force him to use his right. There are other players one-footed as well, but Petrov has to be the most extreme example I've ever seen.

It just baffles me that you can play at this level being so one-footed. As strictly an amateur player myself, I'm naturally right-footed, but with just a little practice I became just as good with my left. People used to ask me whether I was right-footed or left.

basher said:
Ok, so I know Petrov has been out all season up til now, and that chances are he won't be here next season. I don't mean to slate him as he was a great player for us last year, but I've always been frustrated with how one-footed he is. All any defender has to do is turn him inside to force him to use his right. There are other players one-footed as well, but Petrov has to be the most extreme example I've ever seen.

It just baffles me that you can play at this level being so one-footed. As strictly an amateur player myself, I'm naturally right-footed, but with just a little practice I became just as good with my left. People used to ask me whether I was right-footed or left.
he is a professional when you say you became just as good with your left sounds like your shite with both feet ;)

it is frustrating, esp when he gets into a good position, like on saturday, then he produced a poor left foot shot when a right footed shot would have been more dangerous.

you would have thought he should/could be able to work on it

basher said:

I practiced that much with my left when i was on oldhams books that im actually better on my left than my right now!

Some players are absolutley shocking with their wrong foot, considering the about of time they have to practice. There really is no excuse for it.

Dont think Petrov should be singled out for it either, there are plenty of other players in the squad equally as bad on their wrong foot.

Im the same. I used to train 4 times a week with Stockport and do a session with my left a session with my right and so on. Whilst im no where near as good as Petrov a player being paid that amount of money should really be able to develop their weaker foot especially when training daily.

basher said:

Not sure as Wayne Bridge gives him a run for his money!

basher said:

ever thought they were taking the piss ;-}

When one foots that good, you can make do with just the one......Look at beckham

beckam can use his left foot quite well,bridge looks frightened to death when its on his right and petrov will use his right but when its too late and the moments gone.if he doesnt know where its going then the defender has no chance!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.