PFA | Foden wins YPOTY | Just 3 players in TOTY

Who do you think will win? (Not who do you want to)

• Total voters
Salah? He's been average since returning from AFCON. To be fair, mind, KDB had a quiet opening half of the season, hindered by injury.
Yup, 1/5 to win
The voting period was just around the time salah was just starting going downhill and Kev was beginning to get into groove. Will be close, kdb should deservedly win it but can see why salah would win with the voting.

Article from M.E.N

However, the PFA award isn't voted on after the end of the season. Players pick their winners in the spring, so if a player is peaking in their form at the start of a calendar year they could be in better contention than someone who peaks at the end of the campaign.

De Bruyne was hardly playing badly, but compared to Salah, it's the Liverpool man who could have the edge to win the 2022 award. At the time of voting, Salah was in top form himself, and on course for leading Liverpool to an unprecedented quadruple. If Salah wins, it will be completely understandable, and deserved for his form at the time.

I’m not convinced Salah is very liked among footballers

I’ve always had my doubts about the players as an electorate. Too many unknowns - some will almost certainly not take it seriously at all, others won’t vote for someone under any circumstances due to some childish spat, some will just vote for a mate from their own country.
The football writers award isn’t perfect either but I think there’s a case for merging the two awards and perhaps let managers and broadcasters have a vote too and wait until the season is as good as over before any decisions are made. That way you may just get a better consensus on who is the most deserving winner.

controversially, i actually think that my vote for player of the year would go to Son, who isn’t even nominated. i think he’s done more to win it than both Kev & Salah.

Kdb, hes had a very good season but his drive and determination especially when it was in the latter end drove on his teamates. He really stood out those last few weeks even more than normal!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.