PFA Player Of the Year Nominations:

bluesteph said:
Anyone else hear on Talkshite the NOTW bloke (I think) saying they have the winners ahead of them being announced tomorrow??

Apparently Bale & Wilshere won.

Yeah it's allover the web as well. Fucking shocking if true. Don't get me wrong, Bale has had a good season, especially in the Champs League but I honestly don't think he has been the best Premier player this season.

Silvercloud said:
bluesteph said:
Anyone else hear on Talkshite the NOTW bloke (I think) saying they have the winners ahead of them being announced tomorrow??

Apparently Bale & Wilshere won.

Yeah it's allover the web as well. Fucking shocking if true. Don't get me wrong, Bale has had a good season, especially in the Champs League but I honestly don't think he has been the best Premier player this season.

For what it's worth, I don't think Bale was the best player either - I would have given the award to Luis Nani.

But Bale has probably generated more column inches than any other player this season and for the neutral, he's the arguably most exciting player to watch.

THFC6061 said:
Silvercloud said:

For what it's worth, I don't think Bale was the best player either - I would have given the award to Luis Nani.

But Bale has probably generated more column inches than any other player this season and for the neutral, he's the arguably most exciting player to watch.

Strongly disagree. Bale is one of the single most one dimensional players I've seen this season. He's been kept quiet by more than a few full backs too. Hoofs it into space, then relies on sheer pace to beat his man and get a cross in. It's tedious, it's not good to watch, it's boring. He's ran on the success of scoring a hatrick in a game they still lost, a hatrick that consisted of 3 near as dammit identical goals that anyone with half a brain would have seen coming. If he was so good, he would have scored those goals at the beginning of the game and not when Inter thought they had it in the bag.

I don't think Nani should get an award for any other reason than I think he's one of the biggest pricks playing in the Premier League. Even with the blue-tints off I honestly can't see any other player liking or even respecting Nani enough to vote for him. Much improved this season without a shadow of a doubt, carried United at times it seems, but he's still a prize idiot, who seems intent on symbolising everything that's wrong with the modern game.

I like Bale, he's a great player to watch and seems to be a grounded guy, but like Nasri, Van Der Vaart, and even Tevez, he hasn't replicated his first half of the season form. Injuries and subsequent attempts to find fitness between or after injuries have meant he's not had a great overall season.

Kompany, Vidic, and Nani (ugh) would be my frontrunners because they have been consistently excellent from start to finish of the season.

personally i think it should have bin kompany he has bin outstanding all season bt he aint in it so i want scott parker to win carried west ham at times.

LoveCity said:
I like Bale, he's a great player to watch and seems to be a grounded guy, but like Nasri, Van Der Vaart, and even Tevez, he hasn't replicated his first half of the season form. Injuries and subsequent attempts to find fitness between or after injuries have meant he's not had a great overall season.

Kompany, Vidic, and Nani (ugh) would be my frontrunners because they have been consistently excellent from start to finish of the season.

Some good points, but you have to remember that the votes for the PFA award were cast early on in 2011, so it simply isn't possible to take into account the entire season, which still has another month or so to run anyway.

Bale doesn't deserve it...not at all. Very one dimensional player. Beat your man with Pace + Crossing is all he does.

Inconsistent...actually his CL performances have gained the attention, not his premier league form.

Has been injured pretty much...doesn't deserve all that hype.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.