PG Tips to be sold off

As a kid, the only thing that made it worth being dragged out food shopping, was getting home and raiding the new box of PG Tips to add to my card collection

Race into Space, famous people, history of the motor car

simple but happy times

Manchester company originally.

PG Tips Extra Strong is a nice brew.

Nothing wrong with PG Tips. You either like it or don't etc.
I get offered brews all day in my job, so you can imagine i get all sorts.
Apart from some of the more exotic brands, the are all very similar!

I used to like drinking PJ tips. But it hasn't tased the same for several years, and it has a slight metallic aftertaste I don't like. As bog standard teas go, I'm drinking Aldi red label at the moment and I'm enjoying it.

Loose tea only here.
Haven’t drunk PG Tips for years.

top tip
Don’t buy expensive earl grey, just pour your wife’s cheapest perfume over a cheap tea bag for the same effect.

Dreadful for years, having a cup of Typhoo at moment, that's crap too, suppose they'll sell us any shite now !

Lot of tea snobs on this thread....nothing wrong with tesco own brand, tea is tea.

You've no idea how wrong you are with that "tea is tea" comment
I worked for a company that had contracts with major food manufacturers and it was our business to distribute their goods to discounters (what's known as "route to market"). We had contracts with companies such as Princes and would sell their products to B&M, Farm Foods, Home Bargains etc
One such contract was with Typhoo and this was worth £12M a year T/O to us. But there was no way Typhoo would supply us with their best quality tea to sell at a discount price, so the teabags were manufactured to fit to a pricepoint. There would be less tea in the bag, more "dust" and even the tea bag itself was made out of lesser quality materials, so that 100 tea bags in pricemarked £1.99 packaging could retail at £1

Tea used to be very regional. Typhoo, as an example, 90% of their product was sold in the North west of England

Also what the public don't realise is that (this is the same for tea and coffee) major manufactures own their own plantations. They don't just go and buy raw material. Typhoo own tea plantations all over the world, so the taste will vary depending upon where the raw material comes from
Coffee is different as it can be roasted to at least 100 different strengths and blends
Just on coffee and freeze dried. Freeze dried is always marketed as a premium product, when in fact it takes no more effort to produce that regular granules, yet it always costs more
And Nestle are the mafia of the coffee world

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.