PG Tips to be sold off

I have no desire to derail however I find coffee to be so much more European and the pont du resistance it that it can be drunk in so many formats such as Latte, Flat Whites, Capucinio, Americano, Expresso, Long Black, Machianaio, Mocha, and Irish coffee which is excellent on a cold winters eve.

However as this is effectually a tea thread I shall choose Lift having a nice tangy citric aroma.

qXDjLIw.jpg

My favourite coffee has to be Camp Coffee and not because I am a cowboy. Its because of it's wonderful chicory essence and is tip top when mixed with coranation milk. It's also nice for baking and mixing in with the buttercream. This is one of the oldest coffees known and sold to man for a reason and that's because its very special. Tesco still sell it and I think we pay around £1.70 a bottle. As a final anecdote the Ringtons tea is good to go but even better are their biscuit selections which are nothing short of exquisite if not a little on the expensive side but you get what you pay for in life.

jL8CU2w.jpg

Now that we are once more a self governing Island nation I shall be drinking lots of tea as that's what an Englishman naturally does every afternoon and tradition is tradition. Even though Lift is nice I will order in from the Rington man as he comes to our complex once a week to serve all our olden folk and serve them well he does. Nice chap who has time for everyone and offering a service that has long since fallen into the abyss of time. Service is everything and that's what I told our kebab delivery man last night when he brought our supper late after waiting 1 hour and 15 minutes. He said sorry and it was because everyone was celebrating their independence and demand had doubled for the Indian food : /

Last edited:
Loose tea is the way to go, you can tailor the strength to one's taste. Get one of those single teapots with inbuilt strainer, simple.

PG Tips, don't think I've ever bought them tbh but I did buy the T E Stockwell (Tesco) teabags, for visitors, recently and they're nice.

I have no desire to derail however I find coffee to be so much more European and the pont du resistance it that it can be drunk in so many formats such as Latte, Flat Whites, Capucinio, Americano, Expresso, Long Black, Machianaio, Mocha, and Irish coffee which is excellent on a cold winters eve.

However as this is effectually a tea thread I shall choose Lift having a nice tangy citric aroma.

qXDjLIw.jpg

My favourite coffee has to be Camp Coffee and not because I am a cowboy. Its because of it's wonderful chicory essence and is tip top when mixed with coranation milk. It's also nice for baking and mixing in with the buttercream. This is one of the oldest coffees known and sold to man for a reason and that's because its very special. Tesco still sell it and I think we pay around £1.70 a bottle. As a final anecdote the Ringtons tea is good to go but even better are their biscuit selections which are nothing short of exquisite if not a little on the expensive side but you get what you pay for in life.

jL8CU2w.jpg

Now that we are once more a self governing Island nation I shall be drinking lots of tea as that's what an Englishman naturally does every afternoon and tradition is tradition. Even though Lift is nice I will order in from the Rington man as he comes to our complex once a week to serve all our olden folk and serve them well he does. Nice chap who has time for everyone and offering a service that has long since fallen into the abyss of time. Service is everything and that's what I told our kebab delivery man last night when he brought our supper late after waiting 1 hour and 15 minutes. He said sorry and it was because everyone was celebrating their independence and demand had doubled for the Indian food : /

my Mum used to buy camp coffee when I was a kid (so it must have been a cheap option) and I fuckin hated it. But you’ve got me curious now - if it’s still going I might buy some and see if my taste buds have matured 40 years later.

Taylor’s of Harrogate used to blend their tea for regional markets depending on water mixture ie
limestone etc in an effort to get a countrywide
market share.

Lot of tea snobs on this thread....nothing wrong with tesco own brand, tea is tea.

No it isn't shit tea is shit tea but decent tea and I don't count PG in that, is great. For a start decent tea doesn't come in a plastic coated bag.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.