Phil Foden - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we beat Swansea and make it to at least the semis of the Champions League, we'll be playing every 3 or four days between now and May 12th, other than midweek between March 2nd and 9th, and the international break between Swansea on the 16th and Fulham on the 30th of March.

I'd have to imagine he'll get a start or two against a lowly PL side at home, say Cardiff. Maybe even against West Ham next week. Would hope he'll start against Swansea in the cup as well.
There are no "lowly PL sides" anymore and for that reason, I dont see him starting any league games this season.

This is going to be controversial, but I think most of the desire for Phil to start/feature more is because he is local. Which I completely get but I think it's prudent to try to separate the bias and feelings when evaluating his playing time and current standing. If he was Phillipe Fodeno from Stockaporta, Spain we would not have a 150 page thread on him calling for him to start.

I think Pep is managing him well. He's featured quite a bit for an 18 year old in a team of Citys quality and aspirations. When he has featured, he's flashed but has ultimately been inconsistent. Not to mention, at his age and body stature he's not quite there physically and an injury would be even more detrimental.

I have the fullest belief he has a very bright future ahead of him at City. But there's no rush. Even 5 years from now, hell still be young for a footballer.

Please be nice

This is going to be controversial, but I think most of the desire for Phil to start/feature more is because he is local. Which I completely get but I think it's prudent to try to separate the bias and feelings when evaluating his playing time and current standing. If he was Phillipe Fodeno from Stockaporta, Spain we would not have a 150 page thread on him calling for him to start.

I think Pep is managing him well. He's featured quite a bit for an 18 year old in a team of Citys quality and aspirations. When he has featured, he's flashed but has ultimately been inconsistent. Not to mention, at his age and body stature he's not quite there physically and an injury would be even more detrimental.

I have the fullest belief he has a very bright future ahead of him at City. But there's no rush. Even 5 years from now, hell still be young for a footballer.

Please be nice
Spot on

There are no "lowly PL sides" anymore and for that reason, I dont see him starting any league games this season.

I'm obviously referring to the teams nearer the bottom of the table. I'm not underestimating our opponents, but really wouldn't be worried about our chances against the likes of Cardiff if he's put in a midfield with Fernandinho and Bernardo/Dave/Kev

I'm obviously referring to the teams nearer the bottom of the table. I'm not underestimating our opponents, but really wouldn't be worried about our chances against the likes of Cardiff if he's put in a midfield with Fernandinho and Bernardo/Dave/Kev

Yes you are underestimating our opponents

The ones at the bottom of the table are the ones to worry about imo.

He will start when he is ready, and clearly he isn't at the moment, but he has so much time on his side, what's the issue?

Yes you are underestimating our opponents

The ones at the bottom of the table are the ones to worry about imo.

He will start when he is ready, and clearly he isn't at the moment, but he has so much time on his side, what's the issue?

The example I gave - Cardiff, have two wins and two draws from 13 away games in the league. Playing one of the highest rated 18 year olds in the world along with the regular world class squad we have shouldn't affect the game in that negative of a light.

Also, where is the evidence that he clearly isn't ready?

There is no issue, I'm not saying he needs to be a regular starter. I'm saying we could have up to 19 games in 77 days and I don't think it's crazy to think Phil could start in more than just Swansea away. I'm not going after Pep saying he needs to start him, I'm just saying I don't think it's going to have such a negative effect on the team that some others do.

We have lost to 3 teams at the bottom,it's foolish to write those teams off as easy games

The example I gave - Cardiff, have two wins and two draws from 13 away games in the league. Playing one of the highest rated 18 year olds in the world along with the regular world class squad we have shouldn't affect the game in that negative of a light.

Also, where is the evidence that he clearly isn't ready?

There is no issue, I'm not saying he needs to be a regular starter. I'm saying we could have up to 19 games in 77 days and I don't think it's crazy to think Phil could start in more than just Swansea away. I'm not going after Pep saying he needs to start him, I'm just saying I don't think it's going to have such a negative effect on the team that some others do.

Where were Newcastle in the league when we played them?

Where is the evidence he isn't ready, you have to ask? - he isn't being selected and Pep isn't do that through spite eh

its all about risk at this stage of the season and we have far more qualified than you or I to decide whether a risk exists or not. At the moment though, evidence would suggest there does

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.