Phil Foden - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think not loaning him was a mistake.

Nothing improve players like playing regularly.
I think those at the club would like nothing better than him becoming a regular in our side and will do their utmost to use their experience and know how to help him do that. If at some point they think a loan is best thats what they’ll do, if not they won’t, Its up to him to trust them or not, seems to me he does.

This is going to be controversial, but I think most of the desire for Phil to start/feature more is because he is local. Which I completely get but I think it's prudent to try to separate the bias and feelings when evaluating his playing time and current standing. If he was Phillipe Fodeno from Stockaporta, Spain we would not have a 150 page thread on him calling for him to start.

I think Pep is managing him well. He's featured quite a bit for an 18 year old in a team of Citys quality and aspirations. When he has featured, he's flashed but has ultimately been inconsistent. Not to mention, at his age and body stature he's not quite there physically and an injury would be even more detrimental.

I have the fullest belief he has a very bright future ahead of him at City. But there's no rush. Even 5 years from now, hell still be young for a footballer.

Please be nice

Good post. I agree with some of it. But I would also add that there is an element of frustration from some supporters , me included who see Foden playing well but not getting picked when others are getting picked ahead of him when they are not necessarily playing that well. Gundogan wasn't playing that well last autumn, sure hes turned that arround since and Mahrez hasn't exactly set the world alight since he has joined. The latter always gets minutes ahead of Foden, based on what he did at Leicester and his record fee seemingly and not on his current form. Foden was MOTM against Newport yet i wouldnt mind betting its Mahrez that gets minutes or a place on the bench ahead of him in the next few games. Diaz and Sancho have left after being given so little chance to shine and I think most City fans would be gutted if that happened to Foden. Apart from some on here who would just say he wasn't good enough. But its all about opinions and none of us know what exactly goes on behind the scenes.

I think not loaning him was a mistake.

Nothing improve players like playing regularly.

Nothing improves a player like playing with world class talent, learning to move like them, pass like them and train like them.

Respectfully he isn't going to get this level of play at Reading, Burnley etc etc

We need to be brave and play him, like I have said a 1000 times off the bench when the game is won, 3-0 onwards should be perfectly fine, all the better if it was done and dusted with 30 minutes left on the clock.

Sending these players away hasn't been littered with a great deal of success really and the one example of how a player can turn out when getting minutes with his own team and world class players is Zinchenko, he failed badly at his loan club PSV who dropped him into their reserve team, granted he got his chance in a desperate situation and fair play to him he has grasped it with both feet or at the very least his left one lol

Nothing improves a player like playing with world class talent, learning to move like them, pass like them and train like them.

Who did Ronaldinho play with at PSG before joining Barcelona ?

Or Hazard when he was at Lille ?

Or Ribery when he was at Marseille

Or Kante when he was playing in France 2nd division ?

Or Ruben Neves who was playing in the Championship ? Or Maddison ....etc

What about looking as Sancho and see how he preferred playing regularly with less talented group than staying on the bench with exceptional manager and players ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.