Phil Foden - 2018/19 Performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by ADegenerate, 27 Jul 2018.

1. mosssideblue

mosssideblue

Its my opinion, but until it is universally defined, there will always be differences of opinion

2. WallyA

WallyA

Your right, 19 in May, point still stands.

3. WallyA

WallyA

It is your opinion, but one that almost nobody agrees with. Believing in a flat earth is also an opinion...

4. nalari

nalari

Our lads would run rings around Saturn.

5. mosssideblue

mosssideblue

You obviously well informed, as well as making yourself look a dick by trying to be smart so, what is the true definition then and what is your source?

6. WallyA

WallyA

Not all things are exactly definable. That's like saying give me the exact definition of a great player, there isn't one obviously. People discuss the merits of a player and compare/contrast to others and make a decision.

Same thing with being world class, no definition, just a discussion about whether a player is one of the top in his positions. Very few people adhere to the idea of there being only one world class striker in the entire world, same goes for any position.

7. mosssideblue

mosssideblue

and that my friend is simply your opinion

mccity likes this.
  8. WallyA

WallyA

Yes, the overwhelmingly popular opinion regarding world class, hence the entire point?

9. mosssideblue

mosssideblue

Sorry, the point being made is that we all have opinions but, I would ask, what is your source to back up your statement of "overwhelmingly popular opinion"

10. WallyA

WallyA

It's common knowledge in football. I don't need a source on common knowledge (bad stuff is bad); instead why don't you find sources that agree with your view on world class, I'm sure there are very few. For example, 5 second google search on the first discussion on this;

https://www.quora.com/What-is-your-definition-of-a-world-class-player

Everybody who responded to this gave some variation on world class similar to what is obvious. Not a single player in a position; which as I mentioned is VERY unpopular.