Phil Foden - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He needs more league minutes here imoh. I know he is young but he has barely featured for us this year in the league 2 or 3 minutes here or there when the game is already over. Next season he will have a fully fit debruyne (hopefully) as added competition I'm just not sure I can see him dislodging bernando, debruyne, gundogan or Silva in the next few seasons we have five very gifted players for 2 spots and that's ignoring zinchenko who is looking at developing into a very good player for us. He has to be looking at that England team and questioning why he hasn't been called up yet.

I'm sick to my teeth hearing about his lack of minutes. We don't play with a 10, we play with two 8s and in that position it's much harder to break through at a younger age. In the positions on the wing it's easier for younger players to break through, but players through the middle need to have developed physically and mentally more. Yes, David and Bernardo are small, but they are grown men, Phill is still 18.

You can see the difference a year has made to his physique. He's not bigger, but he's more solid and looks like an adult now. Name me a central midfielder who made regular starts in one of the top 4 leagues at his age. You won't find many.

He is going to be a star. Just a bit more patience. We have the best manager in the world who has literally improved players I thought couldn’t be improved i.e Aguero, Silva, Zinchenko. I imagine he will begin getting starts next season. Possibly his England call up next year. We need someone like him in the England squad as we have no one like him there. Foden World Cup mvp at 17, and euros MVP at 19 ;)

It’s hard to be patient when we have this absolute diamond in our squad.

I'm sick to my teeth hearing about his lack of minutes. We don't play with a 10, we play with two 8s and in that position it's much harder to break through at a younger age. In the positions on the wing it's easier for younger players to break through, but players through the middle need to have developed physically and mentally more. Yes, David and Bernardo are small, but they are grown men, Phill is still 18.

You can see the difference a year has made to his physique. He's not bigger, but he's more solid and looks like an adult now. Name me a central midfielder who made regular starts in one of the top 4 leagues at his age. You won't find many.
For the reigning champions chasing a quadruple, no less — breaking in to our side, even in a squad role like he has, is an exceptional achievement — at his age it’s absolutely phenomonal!

99.9% footballers will never do it.

Recently, some on here have made the point that they think Pep doesn't trust Foden, but could it not be that he is actually protecting him?

I watched the video the other day of the players giving their reaction to the win over QPR for the title and something really stood out. Lescott said that he had never watched the game and never would because of his fuck-up. That's how much it affected him. He was a seasoned pro, but the thought that he'd made the mistake that would prevent us winning the league was still a lot to take. I also imagine Gerrard's slip still haunts the fucker and gives him nightmares.

With this in mind, and with so much at stake, could it not be that Pep is trying to prevent something similar? I don't know how much I believe this and it might be a load of bollocks. But if Phil were to make the fuck up that would hand the title to the dippers, it would be a lot for a young lad to deal with.

We do play with 2 8's, but one of them (Bernardo/David) usually plays as more of the '10' between the two 8's. Still agree with your central premise, Phil has time on his side and does need to bulk up a bit, Sancho and CHO who played for England yesterday are clearly a bit more physically developed than him.

Recently, some on here have made the point that they think Pep doesn't trust Foden, but could it not be that he is actually protecting him?

I watched the video the other day of the players giving their reaction to the win over QPR for the title and something really stood out. Lescott said that he had never watched the game and never would because of his fuck-up. That's how much it affected him. He was a seasoned pro, but the thought that he'd made the mistake that would prevent us winning the league was still a lot to take. I also imagine Gerrard's slip still haunts the fucker and gives him nightmares.

With this in mind, and with so much at stake, could it not be that Pep is trying to prevent something similar? I don't know how much I believe this and it might be a load of bollocks. But if Phil were to make the fuck up that would hand the title to the dippers, it would be a lot for a young lad to deal with.

But we are always going to be going for titles and trophies. Every season. So that excuse doesn't work. Eventually Pep is going to have to put his trust in him. Not when the game is won at 4-0 but when we are chasing a game or when we are struggling to break a team down or even start him in an important game. I'm all for showing patience and letting him develop at the correct speed but there is very little he is going to learn playing against tired players who have already given up.

I imagine it's been mentioned, but KDB saying that Foden is better than he was at that age. Kev just says what he thinks, no frills. Not here to flatter or deceive, and doesn't underestimate his own abilities. Really makes you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.